COOL WEB SEARCH - RES:// HIJACK ! please help me !

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by Bdawg99, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bdawg99

Bdawg99 Registered Member

I CANNOT GET RID OF THIS COOL WEB SEARCH VIRUS. I will donate a signifigant amount of money to this website if someone will please take the time to tell me how to remove this . Thank you

here is my HIJACK FINDINGS :

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\Omniserv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\appwv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\OPXPApp.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\NETSTATT.EXE
    C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
    C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winor.exe
    C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0c\waol.exe
    C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0c\shellmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0c\aolwbspd.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-O0KWKW9JWC.000\My Documents\Three\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = file://C:\DOCUME~1\OWNERY~1.000\LOCALS~1\Temp\sp.html
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = file://C:\DOCUME~1\OWNERY~1.000\LOCALS~1\Temp\sp.html
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = file://C:\DOCUME~1\OWNERY~1.000\LOCALS~1\Temp\sp.html
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = file://C:\DOCUME~1\OWNERY~1.000\LOCALS~1\Temp\sp.html
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = file://C:\DOCUME~1\OWNERY~1.000\LOCALS~1\Temp\sp.html
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = res://ciajr.dll/index.html#96676
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = res://C:\WINDOWS\ciajr.dll/sp.html#96676
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = file://C:\DOCUME~1\OWNERY~1.000\LOCALS~1\Temp\sp.html
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {B82F7027-29C0-F4B5-B656-3805CE1E8738} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\winor.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Yahoo Messenger] NETSTATT.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winor.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\winor.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [Yahoo Messenger] NETSTATT.EXE
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{BD05CFBB-EF3C-4AA0-A2E1-1DDCBACFEC42}: NameServer = 205.188.146.146

2. IMM

IMM Spyware Fighter

Could you please download appinit.zip

Unzip it so that both files (regread.exe and runread.exe) are in the same folder then double click on runread.exe to run it.
    After it's been run there will be a "regread.log" file in the same folder you unzipped it to. Please open that file with notepad or similar editor and post the contents here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.