Cookies deleted

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by Q Section, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Using MRU-Blaster with Cookie Blaster necessitates re-logging on to several forums almost every day. These forum cookies are in the Ignore list and saved but yet it seems something is not working correctly.

How long can one expect a cookie to last for Wilders Security Forums using MRU-Blaster with Cookie Blaster?

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Just curious - I thought you were using a combination of browser cookie-handling functions and CookieMuncher - so why are you using CookieBlaster, too?

Or did you go another route there? Pete

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

The problem probably lies in CookieBlaster's cleaning of the index.dat file for the Cookies folder.

I'm planning on implementing an option to disable the index.dat cleaning. That should resolve the problem, but until then I'd recommend you disable the CookieBlaster plugin. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. Q Section

We were trying Cookie Muncher and then MRU-Blaster came to our attention. So now we will try just Cookie Muncher with IE settings and see how it goes! Thank you for the reminder! :rolleyes: :)

5. Q Section

Does not work! Cookie Muncher works and the IE settings work but every time we re-enter a forum we need to re-log on.

Does anyone know how to manage cookies (so most are deleted) but keep forum cookies intact? We have tried
    Cookie Pal
    Cookie Wall
    Cookie Muncher
    Cookie Monster &
    MRU-Blaster with Cookie Blaster.

We wish to be quick to say the most recently used function of MRU-Blaster works very well, though.

Late edit - We have not tried Cookie Monster but now are about to try it!

6. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Q - You've seriously got something funky going on there - either you have a setting or three off in the browser, or you're connecting via some kind of proxy that's wiping the cookies, or someone's using a cookie-erasing function from another program somewhere (perhaps without even realizing it), or you've got a scheduled program that's doing it in TaskScheduler and that's throwing off all of your results - because I can sit here and guarantee you absolutley that proper browser settings and CM work perfectly here with IE.

Oh, well. Wish I could be of more help. Pete

7. Q Section

Do you mean Cookie Monster or Cookie Muncher? We are currently testing Cookie Monster and so far-so good! We had neglected testing it until now because MRU-Blaster had come out in the midst of our cookie management testing!

We are not using any proxies at this time of testing, we have nothing scheduled in the Task Scheduler and the settings in IE are

Override automatic cookie handling
    First-party cookies Accept
    Third-party cookies Block
    Always allow session cookies is checked

EDIT - We see from your other post you are referring to Cookie Muncher. We had missed that post and we will keep the latest info regarding cookie management posted on that forum here.

8. frew

frew Guest

Yes, I have the same problem. The cookies I put into the ignore list end up getting deleted anyways. They are not ignored at all. Rather they are not to be found in my cookies folder after using MRU Blaster's Cookie Blaster plugin. The Cookie Blaster ignore list is a great idea, too bad it does not work yet. The rest of the program is excellent. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.