cookies and temporary internet files

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by dick-phantom, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dick-phantom

dick-phantom Registered Member

o_O I have been using MRU Blaster forever. The newer version which includes Cookies and Temporary Internet Files will not work properly on my 98se computer. On my XP machine it deletes the files and cookies nicely but nothing happens on the 98se computer. I would appreciate any input regarding this matter. Everything else works superbly on all three of my computers.

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

One thing is sure : MRU Blaster v1.5 should work properly on all versions of Windows, even on win98se. Weird man.

3. dick-phantom

COLOR=Indigo]It is weird no doubt about it. The Cookie application is working now, but it doesn't clear Temporary Internet Files. I have to set my Internet options to delete the files when I close the browser. o_O[/COLOR]

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Just to be sure....have you re-booted since running the TIF plugin ?

Attached Files:

5. dick-phantom

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes I know it is supposed to clear at boot. Has me stumpedo_Oo_O
    I even reinstalled but still no change. :(

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Where is your actual TIF folder located....C:Windows\Temporary Internet Files ?

7. dick-phantom

Thanks for the reply. I got everything working properly now. I had 2 Temporary Internet Files Folders. One C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files and One C:\Windows\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files. For over three years the one in Windows was always empty and everything was going into the one in Local Settings. I always wondered why? Just out of the blue it started working properly and putting the files in the correct folder. It is one of the strangest things I have encountered since working with computers. I of course deleted the one in the Local Settings folder and how it got there is beyond me. It couldn't be a system file or else I wouldn't have been able to delete it in Normal mode.

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That's what counts and with Win98 I use to see that when using some index.dat type cleaners.

9. toploader

toploader Registered Member

i've got similar issues with multiple temporary IE internet folders....

a search on temporary internet files yielded four folders....

c:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings - contains Content.IE5 folder

c:\Documents and Settings\Bill Bailey\Local Settings - contains text entries of cookies, favicons and temp internet files (this seem's to be the active one?)

c:\WINDOWS\Temp - contains Content.IE5 folder

c:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings - Content.IE5 folder

just how many temporary internet folders do i need? :D

also i'm on IE6 which came pre-installed - so why do the folders refer to IE5?

one of these days i'm gonna try and work out which one is the active one. where all these came from i've no idea?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.