Cookie excluder in Safeonline?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by denniz, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denniz

denniz Registered Member

Since running Safeonline I've noticed something with Ccleaner. In Ccleaner I've excluded some cookies in the cookie settings of the program, so that when I clean my harddrive of junk I can keep the cookies checkbox enabled in the cleaning section of Ccleaner while still being able to purge all unwanted cookies.

But since Safeonline is installed Ccleaner doesn't "notice" my excluded cookies anymore and just deletes all the cookies. Also Ive noticed that when I disable Safeonline, CCleaner sees many more cookies in the excluded/included section of the cookie settings then when I have Safeonline enabled.

Is there any way I can stop Safeonline from interfering with Ccleaner accessing cookies without reducing the protection slider in Safeonline?

I have this problem on both Windows 7 x86 and x64 with both the latest "stable" release and the new release candidate version.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    SafeOnline protects the cookies stored on your system to prevent malware from stealing your logons/credentials, which is where the annoyances seem to come from when working with cookie cleaners. We recommend temporarily disabling Prevx by right clicking on the tray icon and selecting "Stop Protection" to allow CCleaner to function properly.

When disabled, you should be able to clean/view/modify any cookies - let me know if your experience is any different! :)

3. denniz

denniz Registered Member

Thx for your reply. My experience is indeed the same as yours. :)

4. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

Hi Joe.

I am using Better Privacy (FireFOx Addon) and the cCleaner to get rid of nasty LSO-, Super -and Tracking-Cookies.

My question is: Are Better Privacy and the cCleaner able to clean my PC from LSO-Cookies and other Super-Cookies if SafeOnline is enabled?

5. guest

guest Guest

I am using Better Privacy too and it seems that it works?
    At least I could manually clean one item I found for good
    while running build .44 incl. SafeOnline and I guess there
    would have been more if cleaning during Firefox exit
    (my setting) wouldn't work.

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Yes - SafeOnline's protection of Firefox is different than its protection of IE in that it is easier to identify which types of cookies require protection and where potential logon details are stored.

The only cookie-related problem we've seen with Firefox is when using the MozBackup tool as Prevx prevents it from accessing the raw user data. We haven't added an exception for this tool intentionally because of the security implications but you can disable SafeOnline temporarily to be able to use it properly.

Hope that helps! :)

7. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

Thanks! That really helps. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.