Convert tib to ESX VM - flat vmdk?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ancuser, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ancuser

ancuser Registered Member

Hello. We are testing TI Enterprise with Universal Restore. I tested converting a 7GB .tib image to ESX virtual disk, and I got a huge flat.vmdk file (70GB). I do not see any options during conversion setup for getting a normal vmdk file. It appears that getting a raw disc image (flat.vmdk) is the only option. Is there a way to convert a tib to a normal vmdk image?

Thanks

PK

2. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Growing VMDK files aren't possible on ESX so Acronis does its job right ;-)
    When you select normal vmware you get a growing vmdk file but you can only use this in a workstation are vmware server version.

The only thing that I am missing is with the ESX conversion to upload it at once to the esx or virtual center server..... which can be done with the freeware vmware converter tool

jeremy out!..

3. ancuser

ancuser Registered Member

Thanks Jeremy. So if I'm not mistaken, during conversion I should choose normal vmware server version for a normal vmdk, then use VMWare converter to ESX?

Thanks again

PK

Growing VMDK files aren't possible on ESX so Acronis does its job right ;-)
    When you select normal vmware you get a growing vmdk file but you can only use this in a workstation are vmware server version.

The only thing that I am missing is with the ESX conversion to upload it at once to the esx or virtual center server..... which can be done with the freeware vmware converter tool

jeremy out!..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.