Controling firefox

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mytfastss, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mytfastss

mytfastss Registered Member

Re: Outpost Firewall pro rules , please help

I would love to control firefox, but my firewall (Norton NIS 2003) has it set for outbound & inbound in the same field.

Example (firefox <-> in/out traffic in a single line)

How can I seperate them so I can control them seperately?? This is one of my biggest pet peves i have with Norton. On some programs, like firefox, it does this. go figure.....

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

You can always modify the automatic rule(s) or create your own custom rules. You might find the following helpful: Customizing AtGuard/NIS Rules.

Regards,

CrazyM

3. mytfastss

mytfastss Registered Member

Thanks "Crazy M".. When I got home, I opened up NIS2003 Firewall Progam control and noticed i had 5 other (firefoxs)... Strange, I deleted all of them and started firefox.exe again. This time, Norton Asked me what I wanted to do. I set up my Connection the way I wanted (manually) and now I have it my way.

I also noticed I had duplicates of many programs in there, so needless to say, I did a little house cleaning..

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

The duplicate app entry thing seems to be a bug in Norton Personal Firewall 2003 (at least) and perhaps is still there in the newer versions too, not sure. I would think it's pretty harmless, except if you modify one of the rules for an app, then how will you know which one Norton is using?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.