control panel won't minimize on startup

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by roadkill, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roadkill

roadkill Registered Member

I've noticed this problem on several friends pc's,,,the control panel shows up during the splash screen, but I never had that happen to me until last night when I uninstalled bandwidth monitor pro....now the control panel opens up everytime the pc is booted and has to be manually minimized.

I've tried reinstalling NOD32 and no luck.

Anyone know the cause of this??

AMD Duron 650
    440mb RAM

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Give them time Roadkill, Jan or Marcos from Eset will probably reply soon...

Cheers :D

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Roadkill,

since we haven't ever been reported such a problem, would you please tell us the exact name of the monitor you suspect to be the culprit so we can look into it?

4. roadkill

roadkill Registered Member

I first noticed the problem only seemed to happen with people who had either cable or dsl...at the time I was on dial-up and I never had a problem, so I've always thought it had something to do with some network settings or maybe some dll file related to a network. Now I'm on cable but I did a clean install of all my programs after formatting my harddrive and still never had that problem until I uninstalled Bandwidth Monitor Pro....http://www.bandwidthmonitorpro.com/ . During uninstall it asked me if I wanted to delete the file msvcp50.dll and I chose to keep it, but after rebooting, the nod32 control panel showed up. Reinstalling either bandwidth monitor or NOD32 made no difference.

On a friend's pc (he has an Athlon 1200) I recently uninstalled his MS Office 2002 and the same thing happened, but after reinstalling MS Office, his NOD32 control panel started acting normally so I'm still scratching my head on this one.

Thanks

Edit---- At the time I uninstalled bandwidth monitor I also defragged using O&O Defrag Pro v6....tonight I defragged again using Defrag Pro and now NOD32 is acting normally again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.