Control Panel Error?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Tintagele_6, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tintagele_6

Tintagele_6 Registered Member

Hi all. New license time so before installing new Nod.2xx, obviously I uninstalled old Nod.1xx from the Control Panel. I noticed on the info tab that came up when I clicked it that Nod.1xx was marked 'rarely used' - since October 2005! For someone who's set hourly updates, scans a couple of times a week, and passwords Nod, this seems a bit odd to me.

I do occasional online scans with other av companies just as a backup check as well.

My computer is something of a fortress, and spam actually never reaches it + I run Spyware Blaster and a number of other anti-malware programs. I assumed that was why I haven't seen a virus in a very long time. But I've got to wonder if Nod weren't disabled at some time (and yes, I run a rootkit detector too) if XP denotes it 'rarely used.'

Any ideas?

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

The rarely used / occasionally used / frequently use etc. is just an estimate from windows by means that are not very accurate.

It has been a while now since you would have had updates for v1.xx?

Enjoy NOD32 v2.5x.xx ;)

Cheers :)

3. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Hello Tintagele_6!
    Was your NOD32 also set as on-access scanner ?
    If so and taking into considerationn all you have said it may be a bug in Control Panel I think. Nothing to worry.

If you see NOD32 icon in system tray it should work. :)

4. Tintagele_6

Tintagele_6 Registered Member

Thanks guys for response and reassurance!

Yeah, I didn't set up Nod1.xx to notify me of new builds, I've done that now in Nod2.xx

Yes, Nod is set as 'on access' scanner.

And I think it could be a Control Panel bug because I uninstalled another program today that I use several times a day and got much the same 'rarely used' notice.

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.