Control Panel Error?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Tintagele_6, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tintagele_6

Tintagele_6 Registered Member

Hi all. New license time so before installing new Nod.2xx, obviously I uninstalled old Nod.1xx from the Control Panel. I noticed on the info tab that came up when I clicked it that Nod.1xx was marked 'rarely used' - since October 2005! For someone who's set hourly updates, scans a couple of times a week, and passwords Nod, this seems a bit odd to me.

I do occasional online scans with other av companies just as a backup check as well.

My computer is something of a fortress, and spam actually never reaches it + I run Spyware Blaster and a number of other anti-malware programs. I assumed that was why I haven't seen a virus in a very long time. But I've got to wonder if Nod weren't disabled at some time (and yes, I run a rootkit detector too) if XP denotes it 'rarely used.'

Any ideas?

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

The rarely used / occasionally used / frequently use etc. is just an estimate from windows by means that are not very accurate.

It has been a while now since you would have had updates for v1.xx?

Enjoy NOD32 v2.5x.xx ;)

Cheers :)

3. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Hello Tintagele_6!
    Was your NOD32 also set as on-access scanner ?
    If so and taking into considerationn all you have said it may be a bug in Control Panel I think. Nothing to worry.

If you see NOD32 icon in system tray it should work. :)

4. Tintagele_6

Tintagele_6 Registered Member

Thanks guys for response and reassurance!

Yeah, I didn't set up Nod1.xx to notify me of new builds, I've done that now in Nod2.xx

Yes, Nod is set as 'on access' scanner.

And I think it could be a Control Panel bug because I uninstalled another program today that I use several times a day and got much the same 'rarely used' notice.

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.