Control center opens off screen

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Andreas Johansson, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andreas Johansson

Andreas Johansson Registered Member

I just noticed that when I am connected via remote desktop the control center might open off screen.

I have two monitors and the last location of the control center was on the second screen. Now when I connect with remote desktop and trying to open control center it still remembers the last position that was on the second screen.

The remote desktop isn't that big and I can not see the control center anymore. It should open so it is visible.

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

have you tried turning off the 2nd screen in the display properties - that should get the off-screen windows to come back onto the primary display screen I think.

3. Andreas Johansson

When connecting via remote desktop you get a virtual desktop, it has no relation to the physically connected monitors.

Now I am connected with remote desktop at a resolution of 1280x1024 while at home I have a desktop that is around 2680x1050.

At the moment I can see that the control center window has its upper left corner at 1700, 200. That is outside the visible desktop.

It isn't really a problem for me but would be nice to have it working properly. I can work around it by right-click on it in the taskbar and choosing maximize, it will maximize on my visible desktop but when restoring it it goes outside the visible desktop again.

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi Andreas,

You should be able to shift it when open outside the visible area as follows but ONLY if you have first turned off the Eset custom GUI in the NOD32 system setup:

Open the NOD32 Control Center
    Right click on NOD32 in the Windows taskbar (not the tray icon) and left click once on 'Move'
    Next drag the NOD32 window to where you can see it with the mouse in the normal way by holding the left mouse button, or alternatively hold your left-shift key and use the arrow keys.

You should be able to try this out on any window that is not minimised or maximised to see how it works.

Cheers :)

5. Andreas Johansson

Thanks for the suggestions, though this isn't really a problem to me. Just wanted to report the bug.

Right-click + move only works if the window is already visible.The mouse pointer never goes outside the visible desktop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.