Continual Update Server Error

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kairii, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kairii

kairii Registered Member

Re: NOD Update error

i've been trying to manual update for the past 3 hrs with no luck.......this is ~snip~ pissing me off......every time when a new update comes out....i can't update for a few hrs....always get server timeout.....

just wtf is going on....i paid for the ~snip~ software and expect it to be working properly.......few hrs waiting to update is a ~snip~ long time .....what if my comp gets infected without the latest def update within that time.......GET A ~snip~ FASTER SERVER PLEASE....UN~snip~INGBELIEVABLE......

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2004
  2. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

I got the same thing yesterday, probably the server was down. As nothing is
    perfect, even today, I think we just need to be a little bit patient. :doubt: :)

3. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

You could try an switch the server for the update, goto
    Nod32 control panel-Update-Setup-Server Location, try an switch to another one.

This has worked for me in the past.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Kairii, I have split your post off into its own thread as it does not relate to the trial version update that was being discussed.

Secondly, you have posted very aggressively, it is generally found that you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I do understand your frustration, however it needs to be posted here or Eset need to be advised through contacting support@nod32.com and from there we can work on the issue to see if a solution can be found on one end or the other... And that’s what we’ll work on for you in this thread…

Cheers :D

Last edited: Dec 5, 2004
  5. kairii

kairii Registered Member

well i get this server times out every time new updates come out....and i'm not talking about few mins....i had to wait at least 2 hrs every time...and yes i was being patient....and now it's starting to piss me off....

6. kairii

kairii Registered Member

thanks for making this thread....and secondly i'm not trying to catch any flies :)....as i'm sure the eset pple dunt give a toss about wats goin on in this forum anyway....most of the problems i have seen here have neva been fixed...i was simply expressing my frustration......

edit: just a thought....it'd be fantastic and nod32 would be a far superior product if the eset pple work as hard as u r in this forum....no seriously u've done alot for the pple here....and did i mention ur always the 1st to reply to any problem...:)

7. 1234

1234 Guest

Yep, this HAS been posted before and continues to be a problem. When is ESET going to fix the server problems? Can someone from ESET comment on the problem.........if you don't work for them, then please don't bother posting what you "assume" they are doing, going to do, etc. I want to hear it from the "Horse's Mouth".

8. Blackspear

I will see what I can find out and have someone reply officially...

9. Blackspear

That’s ok, my pleasure.

I can assure you they do care, I have seen time and time again Eset Moderators here answering question in their own personal time after hours and on weekends… We are all trying to improve the product…

They really do, it is a small and rapidly growing company, they are in the process of training up more staff, it does take time though ;)

And thank you for your kind words…

10. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hello, Mr. Horsis Mowth here,

We are adding additional servers in the USA... I haven't been told the time frame here, sorry. I will try to find out and report back.

Kairii, we certainly do 'give a toss' as to what is going on and being talked about in the forum. The fact is that my colleagues and I in the support section are up to our ears all day helping both corporate and individual users with their problems. These can sometimes be extremely complicated and time consuming in corporate environments or can be really simple installation problems for less experienced NOD users... but sometimes can be equally time consuming. Therefore, it's difficult to find the time to get onto the forum as much as we would like.

In this respect, I am indebted to Blackspear for his contributions and help... always with a good dash of humour thrown in. Excellent work! Mr. Spear is a true Diamond Geezer!

However, I thought that primarily this forum is for users to discuss issues, help one another, etc. If people have specific problems they can contact me and my pals on support@nod32.com (Europe) or support@eset.us (USA) so you should be able to get some help almost around the clock. However, we DO always check the forum as much as we possibly can.

Don't beat around the bush Kairii, tell us what's on your mind... :D

We did send out a fairly large VSD update about 2 days ago... it happens from time to time, basically the whole database gets sent out... but I wouldn't have thought this was still causing you a problem to update. Forgive me for stating the obvious... you have got 'Choose automatically' selected for your servers? I just manually updated and went through all the servers in turn and everything was fine... updated in a matter of seconds. I don't know if the VSD update was sent out simultaneously or not... sorry. Eset only employ me to make the coffee you see.

We realise that traffic will be more intense at certain crucial times, hence we are increasing the number of servers to cope with this. I'm sorry if some of you are experiencing difficulties updating. If you are continually having problems, please send us an email to one of the addresses I mentioned earlier and we'll try to help.

Bandicoot.

11. kairii

kairii Registered Member

no ~snip~ probs :) ....yes i've changed to "choose automatically" and will see if it helps next update....if theres probs i'll ~snip~ let you know....and thanks for ur ~snip~ reply :)

cheers

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I was aware of the large update on broadband. It was a slow download.
    Not the norm by any means.
    I can understand dialup users complaints on large updates, I've been there!

13. 1234

1234 Guest

OK, it only remains for me to say thanks a ~snip~ lot Karaii, it was a ~snip~ pleasure to pop into the ~snip~ forum and give some kind of ~snip~ response on behalf of us ~snip~ at Eset!

Bandicoot.

------------------------------------

Gee, Bandicoot,

I must say that was Very Professional of you to come into this forum and use that tone and language with people who have PAID for your product. Many of use HAVE sent emails to the addresses that you have so politely provided only to have them go UNANSWERED. Thus the reason for posting in this OFFICIAL forum. Although the original poster's language was IMO wrong, it doesn't mean that you have to use the same languauage/tone in your answer. So very, unprofessional. Your response in this forum, many other responses similar to it, lack of support for emails sent to the official email address, etc., will most definitely keep me from renewing my subscription that I have faithfully had for 3+ years. I personally don't need your attitude or your product and will spend my money elsewhere!

14. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Dear 1234,

I apologise unreservedly. It was only meant in jest as Kairii was quite upset... it seemed. I'm sorry if my sense of humour has offended you or anyone else.... it won't happen again.

Since I have been working at Eset, as far as I know, every email that has come to support@nod32.com, support@eset.com, support@nod32.sk and support@eset.sk has been seen by me and my colleagues and replied to.

Bandicoot.

15. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

Geez. Lighten up. I understood the fact that Bandi was replying in jest. Maybe he (she?) should have put some smilies in there to make it obvious. :rolleyes:

16. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Yeah, maybe I should have, but 1234 was right.... it wasn't very professional of me. I'm supposed to representing Eset. Karaii had a valid problem but he/she made me chuckle also and I wanted to repond with some possible help with a dash of humour... not everybody shares this humour. Stupid of me.

I think I'll keep my distance from the forum... it's not strictly part of my job to get involved here... I'm not a moderator or anything.

Thanks anyway, Anotherjack.

Bandicoot.

17. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Oh My Goodness :rolleyes: ...lighten up folks :)
    It is not the end of the world :oops: , it is only an AV. So lets calmly address the issues :cool: give or receive assistance and discuss rationally, and move on.
    No need to be upset o_O
    Cheers :)

18. Blackspear

I always appreciate your Humor Mr Coot :D

Please don’t, I for one GREATLY appreciate your input, whom else would I be able to train my scope on ;) You have to have varmints about in order to shoot them ;) Keep those furry liddle feet just where they are if you please :D

Mr Spear ;)

19. 1234

1234 Guest

So in this "official" NOD forum, this behavior is tolerated by an employee of ESETo_O That's great! He apologized and it should have been left at that....not the condoning of the actions that happened. We'll see if the "powers that be" think there was any "humor" intended. I don't think so.

I forwarded a complete copy of this (before all the snipping was done) to a few "friends" of mine in sales at ESET...we'll see where it goes from there.

20. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

I have also used NOD for over three years and will continue to run NOD on my machines and recommend it to others for a lot of reasons including the help provided by ESET folks like Bandicoot and also Blackspear. I certainly hope Bandicoot continues to drop in on this forum and will forward that to ESET. I sincerely hope your rants and raves don't deprive this forum of his good help.

21. 1234

1234 Guest

Gee Stan,

When a rep from a company says "F" this and "F" that to a PAYING CUSTOMER, I don't think it's a rant! Of course all this has been snipped out, but not before I copied the entire thing and forwarded it.

Albeit he was replying back to the OP who used the same language, it still doesn't make it right....he is representing ESET. I don't know, maybe they all talk that way to customers, etc., I don't think so. I think it'll pan out in a few days!

22. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I also hope that Bandicoot continues to drop in on this forum, the initial writer of this thread acted inappropriately and Bandicoot responded in a similar fashion although with a more joking tone which most people understood. I will also forward an email commending Bandicoot's actions as he still assisted a customer even though that customer was excessively rude and obnoxious. If someone is that dissatisfied with the prodcut they should look elsewhere, NOD is not the only AV on the market. Additionally, everyone should lighten the ~snip~ up and get a life. All I see here is someone trying to make himself look important by threatening and claiming to have "friends" and making a mountain out of a mole hill, all the while he has chosen to use a guest sign on to hide his own identity.

23. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

I just took the posting as in jest and humor and he also apologized for not being very professional in that post. If you read his other posts, on this forum, he tries to stay lighthearted and in good humor and I consider that a good trait. Bandicoot is an asset to this forum and NOD users and I hope he continues to help here.

24. 1234

1234 Guest

while he has chosen to use a guest sign on to hide his own identity.

Hummmmm, what does it really matter? I could register as whomever I wanted to be! What does registration really do? What a lame argument!

The fact is, the OP posted in an inappropriate manner with intolerable language. BC replied in the same manner that was intolerable as a representative of ESET. The OP was a paying customer which seems to have been forgotten.....one po'd customer spreading the word to others is like losing hundreds in the long run! Unacceptable!

One other thing; I don't "threaten" to have friends. I do! They are watching this thread....

I would suggest locking this thread to keep it from escalating any further.

25. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello all,

I think we all need to act like adults and get this thread back on topic. The OP was having problems with update servers and we have drifted quite a bit from the original topic.

I would just like to remind everyone that we all make mistakes and the end result is simple. Apologies have been made due to misunderstandings, and I would like to remind all that this is an international forum.... This issue should now be closed as we return to the original topic.

It would be a good thing if everyone would go read THIS THREAD and come back here with maybe a little bit different frame of mind.

Let's all work together getting this thread back on topic and realize that cultural differences in the way we handle things can sometimes be misinterpreted.

I hope that all further posts will be on topic so this thread will not have to be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.