Continual threat from on-access scanner - spy.goldun.nct

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dedex13, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dedex13

dedex13 Registered Member

I installed ESET NOD32 about an hour and a half ago. Since then I've gotten 326 threats (and counting). This is what is says in the log file for all of them:

4/5/2008 3:28:51 PM
    Real-time file system protection
    file
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\3709679781.CPX
    Win32/Spy.Goldun.NCT trojan
    cleaned by deleting - quarantined
    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE.

The notification box is just about driving me nuts popping up every 10 seconds or so.

How do I get rid of this thing? In plain English please, since I know just enough about computers to be dangerous (and actually most of that knowledge is probably dated). I've done a search for spy.goldun.nct and got zero results.

I'm in the process of running an on-demand scan.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. Bitten By C Bug

Bitten By C Bug Registered Member

Hello DeDe.. did some searching/reading and www.seguridaddigital.info/index.php?option=com_newsfeeds&task=view&feedid=25&Itemid=7 might help ya a little but looks and sounds to me like you need to find a forum that specializes in such and post hijack log or eset system inspector log which can be found
    http://www.eset.com/esibeta/... also superantispyware free edition could prove helpful as well... good luck.. Let Me know how it goes as sister in law had identical trojan 4 days ago i had to remove..

3. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

If SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition doesn't fully remove it, submit a support request here and we will run our custom diagnostic on your system and update our definitions to remove the threat completely:
    http://www.superantispyware.com/support.html

4. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

HaxFix might be able to remove that. If not, I suggest you follow what Nick suggested.

thanatos

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I've been under the impression that this is a NOD32 support forum and not a forum of SuperAntispyware or other tools. If your computer is infected, use ESET SysInspector. If you are unable to figure out the malware, send a log from ESI to support[at]eset.com.

6. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

I am sorry about that Marcos.

thanatos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.