Context menu scanning in SS 4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by joelore, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joelore

joelore Registered Member

Hi,

I notice when using the context menu to scan files in the system areas of Windows 7 I get errors that point to permission issues. It never seems to want to scan files in those areas. My question is this, is there a way to give the context menu scanning capability administrative rights? For example is there a registry setting I can change or add to in order to tell Windows the scanning I am doing via context menu is by the administrator.

I looked briefly at the registry entries for the context menu of SS 4 but saw no actual commands to change or add to. It would be very easy to just add a command line entry and give the SS 4 context menu admin rights if I could just find the command line used.

Keep in mind this question is only for the context menu scanning. I realize I can scan as admin from the console.

Thanks for any help!

Joe Lore
    Fall River, MA

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    on-demand scans are always run in the account of the current users. The only exception is scheduled scans which are run under the local system account and thus can access most of files on a disk.

3. joelore

joelore Registered Member

So there is no real way of allowing on demand scanning Admin Rights?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I have never tried it but perhaps "runas ... ecls.exe ..." might work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.