Constant TimeOut Problems Please can anyone Help

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I have asked for help for this problem quite a few times but it has never gone away. But when using my XP my internet connection constantly times out. On all browsers. Some web pages seem to guarentee that on most occasions will time out (imdb.com and suprisingly Wilders site. Wilders-security.org usually has no problems but wilders-security.com will on most occasions time out).

It is driving me round the bend. One second a page loads fine then it times out with no apparent reason. I have seemingly ruled out each of my on active security programs. and reinstalled my modems drivers to no avail.

I have tried pinging sites on command prompt which one second worked fine then i tried it again a few seconds later with the same site and it too timed out when pinging it again. I have used software to sort out my tcp/ip but it did not fix it.

I am stumpt alongside my ISP. As this is the thing my connection works perfectly when i boot into linux. Not one time out ever. But windows literally all the time and at random intervals. But like i say some websites are more prone to the time outs than others such as wilders and IMDB.

I have tried loading the web page by proxy its address but this too timed out.

Please help i am at the stage of almost pulling my hair out. (heres what i got five minutes ago when attempting to enter wilders on firefox (it timed out on internet explorer and opera too. So im posting this question on linux).

Thanks
    Anthony

Attached Files:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Open the command prompt and do a ping to wilderssecurity.com and a tracert wildersecurity.com

If you can reach the sites using linux, I would assume something in your setup using Windows is slowing you down or it may be a routing issue.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2005
  3. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Sorry i did not notice you changed your reply but I tried Pinging the three sites i have the time out problem with. Wilders and google both pinged fine. However IMDB.com timed out in the ping.

So i then done the trace and some went by ok others timed out. Do not know why.

I am sure it is a windows only problem but i do not know what to do to fix it in windows. I have eliminated my installed onactive security apps from the possibility and altered my TCP/Ip using an app an admin on another site recommended but the problem persists. What can i do in windows to fix it. (And why is this occuring at imdb.com).

Thanks

Attached Files:

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I think it is a problem with imdb.com. I don't think it is your problem. Give it a few days and see if you still have problems.

5. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Are you using the same DNS servers on both systems? That's about the only thing that pops into my mind that would be potentially system specific, cause an apparent problem enroute, and be a bit sporadic.

Blue

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

These are the addresses I get for IMDB.com:

UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET 204.69.234.1
    UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET 204.74.101.1

207.171.175.23 shows to be amazon.com. [I edited the screenshot to remove personal info.]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.