Consolidate TIB Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by olivier_1968, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olivier_1968

olivier_1968 Registered Member

Hello Everybody !!!

I use my acronis TrueImage to perform full images of my server, images are stored on a network disk as Tib file.
    The sunday i perform a full backup and week day i perform only incremental backup, and i would like to consolidate every incrementale tib file to the Full tib of the sunday.
    But unfortunatly it seems it's not possible to consolidate tib file, only backup to acronis server (image cut in 2Gb file) can be consolidate.
    Can you confirm ?

Thanks in advance

Olivier

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You want to combine all the incrementals into the previously made Full backup to make it a "new" Full backup? I don't think this can be done. But you will get the same effect if you make a new full backup on Friday.
    Have you done an actual test restore to a spare hard drive yet?

3. olivier_1968

Hello,

Thanks for your answers, i already tried to restore a full backup and it works fine.
    But my problem is mainly the space disk, because even if i overwrite the present full backup by another full backup, i need space disk for two full backup !!!

And in the futur, i plan to do a full backup every night and an incrmentale backup every hours (maybe 30 minutes) so i will need a very large space disk available.

Do you think it's possible ?
    I'm also still wondering how to schedule an incremental backup every hours ? i didn't find how to do that with the acronis scheduler ?

Thanks in advance

Olivier

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You can't do it with the ATI scheduler nor the Windows Task Scheduler. :-(

5. olivier_1968

Hello,

with the Windws Task Scheduler it's possible to schedule a task from 8:00AM to 9.00PM execution every 10 minutes, are you sure ATI scheduler is not able to do the same thing ?

Olivier

6. shieber

ATI Scheduler doesn't have the repeat task function. However, one could make multiple tasks, one for each half hour -- bit of a pita to set up -- easier to do the repeat task things in the Windows scheduler. Just execute the trueimageservice.exe (or trueimagehomeservice.exe) and pas the path\filename of the script (tib) file as a parameter.

sh

7. olivier_1968

Thanks for the info , but how i can find the script name to execute ?

Olivier

8. shieber

Create or edit a task, then look for the appropriate time-date stamp on the tis files (those are the ATI scripts) -- that will identify a particular script file for a particular task.

For ATI 10, the tis files are located in
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\

For ATI 11, iirc, they are in
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImagehome\Scripts

If those don't work, jsut do a serach for *.tis but one of those should work.

Use the full path\filename for the executable and again for the the tis like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageService.exe" /script:"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\CFAE0EBF-727D-4ECA-BDF1-B7082E6D089E.tib.tis"

note the /script parameter and note the two strings (executabel and file parameter) are each in there own set of quotes, you need those quotes frothe Windows TAsk Scheduler to work.

9. olivier_1968

hi shieber,

Many thanks for theses explanations.

Olivier

10. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

Try looking into the features of 'Acronis Backup Server' which is bundled with the server package of ATI 9.1. You can set quotas which will automatically consolidate.

At current version the lowest time gap between scheduled backups tasks is 24hrs. If you want to have it hourly then you would have to make 24 tasks each an hour later than the previous.

11. shieber

Or use the Windows Task Scheduler, which allows a task to be repeated every x minutes.

12. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

I see, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.