Connected Not Checked

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by bkm, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkm

bkm Registered Member

Followed these instructions still no change:

http://www.looknstop.com/En/faq_problems.htm#connected

Just did a reformat and reinstalled XP Pro SP3 with 2.06p3. Can access internet but "Connected" is not checked on Welcome Tab. Like I said I followed the FAQ instructions. Any ideas? Do I need to have this checkmark in order for LnS to work properly? Thanks

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

3. bkm

bkm Registered Member

Hi, thanks for taking an interest in my problem. I'm using my neighbor's wireless right now while resetting up XP after the reformat. Here's the results of the test you requested:

MS TCP Loopback interface
    MAC Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
    IP Address: 127.0.0.1
    Interface type: IF_TYPE_SOFTWARE_LOOPBACK (24)

Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport
    MAC Address: 00:1b:24:85:e4:aa
    IP Address: 0.0.0.0
    Interface type: IF_TYPE_ETHERNET_CSMACD (6)

Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN - Packet Scheduler Miniport
    MAC Address: 00:1d:e0:2d:2d:xx
    IP Address: 10.10.10.xxx
    Interface type: IF_TYPE_ETHERNET_CSMACD (6)

4. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Visiting Look 'n' Stop - Options screen / TAB, and 'Advanced options' button, and removing 10; from the 'Network interface autodetect, IP to exclude:' list .. should address the problem.

Regards,
    Phant0m``

Attached Files:

5. bkm

bkm Registered Member

Phhew! That's a relief gents that I don't have to do another reformat hehe just to fix this problem. Wonder why 10 is such an evil number? Hmmm...

Thanks again for solving this for me... perhaps the fix (look in the advanced tab at what IPs are not autodetected) should be added to the FAQ for this prblm. Just a thought :)

6. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

This kind of address were usually for private local network, that's why they are handled differently.
    Normally, it is only useful when several interfaces are available, to have the automatic selection choosing the other adapter (in case you have one with 10.x.y.z and another one with a "standard" IP @ for the Internet connection).
    In your case, since there was only one interface with a valid IP, the impact was only the checkbox not ticked.

Frederic

7. mikelp

mikelp Registered Member

Had to join as I have recently started using this firewall. It's the only actual 64 bit firewall I have found and I love it. It was a challenge to get working but I got it. However my connected is not checked either but I am sure it is working, should I worry? It shows packets information and passes shieldsup where it wouldn't before I corrected the adapter setting and I have been working with the rule set and I get alerts so all indications are that it's doing it's job except the connected box. Any insight?

8. mikelp

mikelp Registered Member

I should mention I connect through a USB Alltel wireless modem so it's unusual, I guess. I don't care about the check in the connected box long as LnS is working I am perfectly happy.

9. mikelp

mikelp Registered Member

Nevermind I think I will go back to ZoneAlarm. Problem is financial right now I am not sure I can afford another couple licenses. I really hate to go back to ZAX as it was such a resource hog but I don't know if I can come up with another 60 bucks for LnS and Vipre, much as I want to.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  10. mikelp

mikelp Registered Member

I take it back I have to find a way to register this firewall, I just can't give up the performance I gained by removing ZA. I am certain it is working anyway I can live with it as is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.