Congratulations to Eset on the rescue media

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bradtech, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradtech

bradtech Guest

It is very slick.. A lot of people complain about the AIK download but 1.3 GB is not that bad in the broadband world. It's a very nice setup once you get it working.. I am very impressed with it, and the fact that I can go out pull the newest updates outside of the Windows Environment is great..

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Is there a wiki/howto on how to do this? I tend to use the Winternals media and/or MDOP to recover systems, but I fancy having a bash at this technique too.

Any links?

Cheers,

Jim

3. scams

scams Registered Member

Re: Congratulations to Eset on the rescue media - Windows AIK Install

Bradtech, appreciate you sharing your experience.

Regarding the windows AIK program, would appreciate answers to the following questions: (1) Were you able to uninstall the AIK program after you used it, and if so, do you get a clean uninstall? (2) Any cautions and suggestions in using the ESET Rescue Media?

If you noticed any cautions or pertinent suggestions as to the Install/uninstall of the windows AIK program, would appreciate that information also. Thanks, Sam.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

5. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Many thanks Aryeh, that looks like a nice distraction from work for me today :D

Jim

6. scams

scams Registered Member

Aryeh, many thanks for the ESET Knowledgebase information.

Question: In the ESET Knowledgebase article for the ESET SysRescue, it had a connection to the Description of the MS Image Mastering API v2.0 article. I went down the page and downloaded the file for windows XP (SP3). The size of the file was only 757KB in size. I noticed other people mentioning that the downloaded file was more than one megabite in size - the URL I used is as follows: (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=932716) Have I accessed the wrong download web page? I should mention that I have windows XP Pro (SP3) installed on my Dell Dimension 8200 computer, with all of the updates. Thanks, Sam.

7. agoretsky

Hello,

I believe the x86 version of the package is about 750KB in size, and the x64 version is 1.2MB.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

8. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

Ok made the DVD, rebooted the system, booted from the DVD, it boots fine, Eset popups up, configure it to max, scan all files.
    now when it starts the scan it just blows right through the folders etc, it takes about 4 minutes to scan about 5 TB of Data...with number of files scanned 0. :)

yet during the so called "scan" I can see the active paths filipping from c:\ to c:\program files to c:\data etc.

So what's going on?
    Why it's not scanning anything even with ALL FILES SELECTED?

9. agoretsky

Hello,

What build of ESET NOD32 Antivirus does your ESET SysRescue disc contain?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

10. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

but I can make the .3 version

11. scams

scams Registered Member

Aryeh, thanks much for clarifying the correct size of the Microsoft download. Sam

12. bradtech

bradtech Guest

It will manually link you to the correct one if you look during the creation process if you do not have it.

13. scams

scams Registered Member

Many thanks for the additional information, Sam.

14. trencan

trencan Eset Staff

"Image mastering API" is important only if you want SysRescue wizard to be capable burning iso image to CD/DVD in Win XP.

But what you mentioned more than 1GB is size of Windows AIK, which you need to download from web. It is required by SysRescue Wizard. Without it it can not create bootable iso image.

15. scams

scams Registered Member

Trencan, very much appreciate your clarification regarding the two different Microsoft downloads. At this time, I don't see a need for me to burn an ISO image to CD/DVD in Win XP. I have just reread the ESET Help Section for the SysRescue procedures to assure that I understand the overall process.

Thanks, Sam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.