Confusing Startup

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Continuing test of TDS3 on my system. I've noticed that startup takes a while on my PC, probably because I've got an older model and I have selected all options. I really don't mind because I appreciate the security checks. However - one suggestion.

During startup of application above the warnings display window I see a button "STOP SCAN", and to the right of that is red text "SCANNER", and to the right of that is "SCANNER READY". Not sure what all this means? In the message window all I see is a message about the "Tip of the day", and there is a LONG pause. I assume during this LONG pause the app is either scanning or still loading. After the LONG pause I see more dialog about tests starting and stopping. But during the LONG pause it's hard to tell what is happening. I assume it's scanning because I see a "STOP SCAN" button. But to the right of that I see text saying "SCANNER READY". These messages seem to be in conflict. How can the scanner be ready at the same time a scan is taking place, which is impled by the "STOP SCAN" button. Just seems confusing.

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Possibly means "SCANNER READY" to tackle Bigfoots! :D

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Something like that yes. The LOOOOOOONG scan will be the Process Memory Scan which indeed takes a while.
    Guess putting running scanning dots or such in stead of "ready" will take some of the bandwidth all used for the scanning process. But a "scanning please stand by" or such might be less confusing. In the end you get a "test finished" or scan finished after each one.

4. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Yes, I agree. A "Scanning...Stand By" would work fine. In addition, I believe that part of the text messages displayed during a portion of the startup routine is below the visible part of the TDS status screen. In other words, the status screen is completely full of text, all the way to the bottom. But often the bottom line apprears to be the first line of a multiple-line message, and only the first line displays until later in the process when it scrolls farther up.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I see the lines written per scan and all above the bottom console, which disappears automatically if nothing is inthere, till i see after that the crc checks and the next line written under the other rolling up while writing, nothing strange to that, nothing hidden and not under the bottom console; if there ever is something inthere, the writing would start above the bottom console as i have seen it over the years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.