Confused

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by angus49, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angus49

angus49 Registered Member

Are AD & RD like firewalls? If I use ZA Sec.Suite do I even need these? Thanks for any clarification.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

AD is an HIPS similar to processguard but more flexible and it lacks a learning mode. RD protects your registry and prompts for changes in realtime.

whether u need these depends on your surfing habits and ur personal security needs.

3. angus49

WSFuser,
    Thanks again! Is the lack of a learning mode in AD problematic? Is the protection for the registry with RD something that ZA or SpySweeper don't cover?

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

the lack of learning mode isnt problematic but it can be an inconvenience because u will have more prompts to answer.
    yes. ZA and Spy Sweeper dont cover the registry (much).

5. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Just to add a bit...

True, but as you do this initial clicking on prompts (basically you are teaching AD how to handle all your everyday apps), the prompts and clicking gets less and less until you get to a point that there is only an occasional pop-up. This usually only takes a couple of boots and maybe a day or two of running. It is not really all that bad and does diminish fairly quickly.

A good advantage with RD is the registry protraction is totally customizable. You can watch whatever keys you wish. There are some good extra rule sets that you can add to RD's basic protection and with each release of RD the rule set grows. There is a new rule set that recently went through beta testing that combined Tony's old rules with mine and added a lot of others. This rule set will be part of the next released RD but for now it can be downloaded here on the forum.

HTH ;) ...

6. angus49

Thanks to all for the informed advice. You have cleared up my questions so I can plan my security setup.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.