Confused with downloads Paragon Backup & Recovery 10.0 Suite

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by steven363, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steven363

steven363 Registered Member

Hello,

I finally decided to bite the bullet and go with Paragon for my backups and have run into a few questions about the downloads I received:

This is what I originally downloaded to evaluate: br_suite_trial.msi

After I purchased the suite I add my reg. numbers and life was good.

I looked at the programs that they gave me to download and they are:

Paragon Backup & Recovery 10.0 Suite - English Windows Installation (135mb)
    and
    Paragon Backup & Recovery 10.0 Suite - English Advanced Recovery CD Image (based on MS WinPE) (204mb)

Are these 2 different programs?
    Do I uninstall the original and install 1 or both of these?

Thank you for helping me out of my confused state.
    Steven

Windows XP SP3; 2 GB memory

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Steven,

The English Windows Installation (135mb) - is the windows installer file.

Get the correct bit version ( there should be separate 32 and 64 bit versions on your account page).

Install it in the usual way. From within that , you can run off a Linux/Dos recovery cd.

The English Advanced Recovery CD Image (based on MS WinPE) (204mb) - is a separate download which you can burn to cd - it is the Windows Preinstallation Environment version of the recovery cd.

The WinPe cd is better as it has very wide hardware support, and a better GUI - you can also get functions on that e.g. Load Drivers , that you cannot get on a Linux/Dos cd.

Hope it helps.

3. steven363

steven363 Registered Member

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.

I know that the 32 bit is the one I gave in the original reply so do I install it over the trial version?

As for the
    The English Advanced Recovery CD Image (based on MS WinPE) (204mb) I have already downloaded it so do I install it to a CD?

Do I keep the recovery CD I made through the main program.

Thank You,
    Steven

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Steven ,

Yes, burn the Advanced recovery .iso to a cd using an isoburner (if you downloaded the percd version - it comes wrapped up in a burner and will burn itself to cd - you will know because it is a reddish circular icon).

The Linux/Dos recovery cd is handy as it is smaller and loads faster.

I think the installer will install the full version separately from the trial version - if so, just uninstall the trial afterwards.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.