Confused with downloads Paragon Backup & Recovery 10.0 Suite

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by steven363, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steven363

steven363 Registered Member

Hello,

I finally decided to bite the bullet and go with Paragon for my backups and have run into a few questions about the downloads I received:

This is what I originally downloaded to evaluate: br_suite_trial.msi

After I purchased the suite I add my reg. numbers and life was good.

I looked at the programs that they gave me to download and they are:

Paragon Backup & Recovery 10.0 Suite - English Windows Installation (135mb)
    and
    Paragon Backup & Recovery 10.0 Suite - English Advanced Recovery CD Image (based on MS WinPE) (204mb)

Are these 2 different programs?
    Do I uninstall the original and install 1 or both of these?

Thank you for helping me out of my confused state.
    Steven

Windows XP SP3; 2 GB memory

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Steven,

The English Windows Installation (135mb) - is the windows installer file.

Get the correct bit version ( there should be separate 32 and 64 bit versions on your account page).

Install it in the usual way. From within that , you can run off a Linux/Dos recovery cd.

The English Advanced Recovery CD Image (based on MS WinPE) (204mb) - is a separate download which you can burn to cd - it is the Windows Preinstallation Environment version of the recovery cd.

The WinPe cd is better as it has very wide hardware support, and a better GUI - you can also get functions on that e.g. Load Drivers , that you cannot get on a Linux/Dos cd.

Hope it helps.

3. steven363

steven363 Registered Member

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.

I know that the 32 bit is the one I gave in the original reply so do I install it over the trial version?

As for the
    The English Advanced Recovery CD Image (based on MS WinPE) (204mb) I have already downloaded it so do I install it to a CD?

Do I keep the recovery CD I made through the main program.

Thank You,
    Steven

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Steven ,

Yes, burn the Advanced recovery .iso to a cd using an isoburner (if you downloaded the percd version - it comes wrapped up in a burner and will burn itself to cd - you will know because it is a reddish circular icon).

The Linux/Dos recovery cd is handy as it is smaller and loads faster.

I think the installer will install the full version separately from the trial version - if so, just uninstall the trial afterwards.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.