Confused to heck re TI Corp WorkStation Requirements

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by enduser999, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

I sure the heck someone can help me with actually determining what the O/S requirements are for this software. I understand that the computers onto which the Agent software is installed can be Win98SE. However what O/S does the computer have to be from which the backup jobs are run and on which the backups are stored?

My confusion is that on page 11 of the "User's Guide Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation" it indicates under the heading "Acronis True Image" that only WinNT 4.0 Workstation, Win2K Pro and WinXP Pro are supported. Then on page 25 in chapter 4 "Running Acronis True Image (local console)" it describes the usage of True Image which is fine. Isn't the True Image software used to backup the computer on the backup jobs are created and issued to the computers on which the Agent software has been installed? If so, then if one has an entire LAN composed of Win98SE machines how can one even use True Image at all? If not, then what is used to backup the computer used to run the backup jobs and on which all backups for the Win98SE LAN is going to be stored and what functionally is lost due to the inability to run True Image on a pure Win98SE LAN?

o_O

2. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

Any one help unconfuse meo_O

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello enduser999,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Here is the main scheme of how the remote backup feature works:

- You have Acronis Management Console installed on the one main machine or on the several main machines. It does not matter, as Acronis Management Consoles are not counted and you can install as many of them as you want;

- Using Acronis Management Console you are remotely installing special program called Acronis Agent to the other workstations;

Please note that both Acronis Agent and Acronis Managemt console can also be installed locally.

Moreover, it is impossible to remotely install Acronis Management Console to the machine that is running Windows 98, because of some Windows 98 peculiarities.

- Launch Acronis Management Console, connect to the remote machines with Acronis Agent inatalled and perform the backup process remotely controlling it from the main machine using Acronis Management Console.

I hope my explanation will help you to better understand the conception of a remote backup feature.

What concerns your particular configuration, you can use Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0 even if you have only Windows 98 based workstations in your network environment.

The point is that the main application called Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0 does not support Windows 98, but you can install Acronis Agent and Acronis Management Console separately without installing the main application.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0 to see how the software works on your computer.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

Please be aware that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used.

This means that you should purchase one license of Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0 per each PC with Acronis Agent installed.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.