Confused About Appdefend/RegDefend

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Ed_H, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

I am a registered user of RegDefend and have been using AppDefend for a while. Since the trial period is up, RegDefend will not let me block anything nor will it let me enter my registration key. Do I need to buy AppDefend to be able to use all the functions in RegDefend, even though I already bought a license for RegDefend? I typically do not buy software while it is a beta version.

2. f3x

f3x Registered Member

Hi. You do not need to buy appdefend in order to use regdefend.
    If i understand your situation you have bought RD and can't enter the key ?
    Try disabling AD. If you do not need that componment and just want RD.
    At worst try uninstalling GSS and reinstalling.

Btw you don't really buy a beta version when buying AD, you buy a lifetime usage of any most recent version of AD wich will include all non beta release.

I know this is not really of help. A reinstall-and-you'll-see answear is a lazy one but i hope you a less confused about GSS componmnets: the two of them are absolutely independant you do not need to buy the two of them in order of gss to work. Yet i have suggested you to disable the componment you wot buy in case there migth be a small bug in order to see if GSS is in registered or trial mode.

3. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

Thanks f3x...uninstalling and reinstalling GSS fixed the problem. RegDefend accepted my license key.

Since I had to uninstall RegDefend to install GSS, I did not realize that the two components, RegDefend and AppDefend, were separate. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

4. f3x

f3x Registered Member

good old reinstall solve all problem ;)

I admit it can be confusing because with appdefend, Ghost security tranformed regdefend as a suite componment. It's pretty old news for many of us, but everyone have to be a newcomer sometime somewhere.

If you need anything else feel free to ask.

I like to give this thread as a reference for those looking for usefull post on the forum:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=130857

5. angus49

angus49 Registered Member

f3x,
    I just purchased AD & RD yesterday but haven't installed yet. I thought they were two seperate pieces of software. Are you saying that they now use the combined GUI shown on the AD page? You also mentioned that we weren't purchasing beta's. So you're saying that I bought full stable versions and that any future upgrades offered will also not be beta's? I hope so, I've already been through the mess with with Spy Sweepers 5.0 upgrade. Boy that was a beta in disguise. I don't mind buying early stable versions but I don't appreciate paying out for beta software.

I also bought Crypto suite. That isn't together with AD & RD is it?

6. Jito463

Jito463 Registered Member

What you're getting right now is a beta version. What he's saying is that the license is for beta and non-beta releases, not strictly the beta version. So when the final comes out, you already have a license for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.