Confuddling Question!

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by DVD+R, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

The Version I first had of FD-ISR was the 1.10 Version and since upgrading to Vista, I checked for updates, and it updated to version 3.20 build 202 :)

However since I had a few problems with FD-ISR (View Previous Posts) I decided to download the updated version from HorizonDatasys, Only to find it is a trial version for 14 days, and Instead of having the Raxco Interface like my other 3.20 version, This one has an Interface with a little Green Frog :blink: Also it said I could use my existing Licence but it wont recognise it. I'm wondering If the Raxco 3.20 version is EXACTLY! the Same as the HorizonDatasys version, except for the Green Frog bit o_O If it is, I'm going to install that one again, or I'll have to shell out another $69 :blink:

Also going back to my previous posts and problems etc... I have formatted my PC, reinstalled Vista, and some programs,.. And then! created the Aditional Secondary Snapshot, and then created a Copy of the Primary Snapshot. Am I correct that unless I update either of these other 2 snapshots, either Manually, or Automatically via a Schedule ( which I cant figure out how to do so ( Never Mind I said It) :cautious: That If I bootback to either of these, My Computer will be exactly like it was when I Originally freshly installed my System ( No Extra programs or anything else) o_O Because last time I did that, the other snapshots were All like the existing Active snapshot :blink: Some Demons had Infiltrated them and Copied everything without My OK :ninja:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

New term confudled. I like it.:D

1. If you are indeed having a problem with the Raxco version, then email support. PM me if you need a contact and I can give you one.

2. Yes you are correct. If you make a new snapshot using copy/update, that snapshot should remain unchanged, until you do another copy/update and refresh it. That is a big until. Once you again do the copy/update you thing bring the target snapshot to an identical condition with the source snapshot.

Pete

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

One other thing, Whats with this o_O when I ran PerfectDisk 8 and tried to do an offline defrag, it said it couldnt do so because of inconsistancies o_O didnt take in everything it said because it then rebooted, but I'm sure it mentioned it couldnt find the disk o_O Anyway, just finished a Complete CHKDSK like it mentioned, took a couple of hours to do as my drives 320GB

Does PerfectDisk work OK with FD-ISR, or is it as difficult as it is with Rollback Rx?

4. Peter2150

Actually Perfect DIsk should work fine with FDISR. I use them both no issues. After chkdsk finished I'd try the offline defrag again, and see if it works.

Pete

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Good Lord! this is just too much :rolleyes: As I said earlier, my drive is 320GB and with the recovery partition its actually 292GB when Vista is installed with updates and eveything like that. Anyway when I installed FD-ISR the Primary snapshot read at 23.72Gb or 9%, the Secondary another 23.72 and a further 23.72 for the Primary Copy. This should have reduced the HD space to 220.84GB Right! o_O Ermmmmmm dont kid yourself, thats not what happened at all! :blink: after rebooting I notice the Primary snapshot has now increased itself to 33.45GB or 11% :blink: :blink: What the Heck! I didnt add anything at all! so how can this be :blink: :blink: Next thing I notice Windows Explorer is reporting my Hard Drive free space is.......101GB :blink: :blink: :blink: thats an incredible 191GB Swallowed up just by creating a secondary and copy snapshot :blink: :blink: :blink: I'm sorry, but that is just unexceptable, So it got threw out! I've reinstalled Rollback Rx Pro, and my largest snapshot is 942MB. I have to say, in my case FD-ISR isnt for Vista, and Maybe not for Vista At All! Incidently I defragmented my Disk several times using several methods, but could not recover the space, untill I uninstalled FD-ISR.

6. Peter2150

That is indeed bizarre. You might enter a support request with the vendor you obtained FDISR from. Note also Rollback hasn't been totally without issues, and I am not sure anyone has wrung it out on Vista.

7. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Greetings DVD+R,

You may want to look at Vista System Restore and turning it off. When I install Vista it typically takes up 6GB+. In a few days, I will notice VSR swallowing up 30GB+ on a test system. Turning off VSR tames the beast and brings it back to 6GB. A ISR image then only takes 6GB.

If this is not the case, I recommend entering a support ticket and we(Raxco) can figure out what the culprit "confuddle'er" is.

-Todd

8. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Hi Todd, thanks for the info :) but can you shed some light on the inability to create schedules o_O everytime I try and create a schedule I get to the account window where it says:

Account Username: Office-PC\george

password:

I dont use a password to logon to my computer, but when I go to User Accounts in the control panel and create a password and try and proceed with the schedule I get:

username or password invalid: Access denied o_O

how on earth do I get it to recognize my password? or better, still how to enable the scheduler ??

I'm using Vista Ultimate:

9. Leapfrog Software

Greetings DVD+R,

You are correct that a password is required for the Windows Scheduler. Since we also use the Windows Scheduler this is why we require a password. The account that your running under has to have "admin" rights. Vista is a little different in security than XP (ok, it is a lot different) and frankly confuddling at times.

-Todd

10. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I see, as you didnt say how, am I right in assuming you do not know :doubt: as according to the account manager my account type is Administrator

11. Leapfrog Software

If I start answering first line support questions, it gets me in big do-do. Lets play it safe, and have you go through the proper channels of contacting your reseller's tech support ticket system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.