Conflict with Veritas?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sbn, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbn

sbn Registered Member

I installed True Image Server 9.1 for a client on Friday. They reported back to me that since Friday their Veritas Small Business backup is reporting errors. This is the message below:

Backup - \\FPSERV
    OFO: Initialization failure on: "Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
    VSS Snapshot error. DoSnapshotSet error. Check event log for more details.

More thorough search of the Veritas logs indicate that numerous files, especially logs and Exchange DAT files are being skipped. I assume that Veritas is wanting to use Microsoft's Volume Shadow Copy service. Acronis uses this as well to do backups within Windows correct?

Is it possible that 2 programs are conflicting because the schedule is set for the around the same time? Any ideas on if I set the Acronis to backup during the early morning would this solve? Problem is since I am an outside consultant I do not really have the luxory to be onsite as I wish to determine solutions, I have to do this remotely. Any help, tips, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

In recent weeks, I performed an experiment and demonstrated that Ghost 10 And True Image 9 could not run simultaneously, indeed, the result was a BSOD.

I expect that that there are conflicts between TI and the Veritas program.

I would expect that you could avoid the problem by adjusting the schedule to ASSURE that the two programs do not run at the same time.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sbn,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please download and install the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

If that does not help, please create a new scheduled task for Acronis True Image for another period of time.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.