conflict with Microsoft updates

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Knot2Brite, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knot2Brite

Knot2Brite Registered Member

yesterday, about one half of the Microsoft updates "failed" to download so they could not install.

After I turned off NOD32 antivirus and anti-spyware scanning, the Microsoft updates downloaded and installed.

Coincidence?

Microsoft in an e-mail acknowledges that security software can conflict but NOD32 was not listed among the offenders.

Hopefully this information will evaluate some of our problems

2. Joan Archer

Joan Archer Registered Member

It may be something else that caused it as I have never turned off any of my security programs to do Windows Updates and it has never caused me any problems and yes I am using NOD32 v3
    Joan

3. Manu7204

Manu7204 Registered Member

I get that message without any antivirus/antispyware installed from time to time, and sometimes it requires 2-3-or-even-more attempts to get all the updates.
    But, I have to say, it mostly happens after installing a fresh copy of Windows XP and doing the first monster update which downloads about 70-80 MB of patches/fixes/whatever.

4. Zarra

Zarra Registered Member

I had this problem with Windows Vista updates but the cause was from Comodo Firewall Pro. Comodo has released an update for this problem and I haven't had a problem since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.