Conflict between Prevx 2.0 and ESET

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Larkina, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larkina

Larkina Registered Member

I didn't notice at first but isn't Prevx 2.0 considered to be an antivirus software? An if so that means you can't run Prevx 2.0 with ESET. You can't run two antivirus programs on the same computer. Can someone confirm that Prevx is considered to be an anitvirus program? Thank you in advance.

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

prevx does have its own malware detection, but it also relys on its behavior-type technologys to stop threats.

prevx is designed to either run alone, or with an antivirus.

there should not be any conflicts while using it with eset.

3. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

There is no conflict with either v2.7 or v 3

4. Larkina

Larkina Registered Member

Okay, thanks I didn't know but I was experiencing some weird activity on my system. I was thinking maybe this was the cause but since listening to you'll it may have been something else. I do know that ESET 3.0 would not scan no further than 60% on my system now what caused that I don't know.

5. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Hi,

Try this:
    Reboot your pc, and with a clean startup go and Download CCleaner and do a full scan, disk & registry (Delete everything it finds)
    Then defrag your hard disk fully. This should take care of overhead related issues such as clutter and fragmentation related errors. it may also trigger HD errors during defrag or freez the defrag. Might mean you have a disk issue like a corrupted disk area (software) or physical media errors...

Many intermittent software glitches are easily resolved by a simple clean up & defragmentation of the file system. Hint: If you find that CCleaner finds multiple hundred megs clutter, you are probably badly fragmented as well, this more than likely being the true cause of the problem. Also the default XP Defrag lies about the need to defrag. It will claim you don't need to when if fact you really do. Trust me on this.

Also when you are done download CPUDID's Hardware Monitor and verify if the temperature of your Hard disk increases over 43c during scans as it could be over heating.

If you cant find anything beyond this you can try and run HD Tach and check that the performance of your HD is not degraded bellow specs while under load...

When done if you didn't find major HD issues rescan with NOD and see if you can get past 60 %
    If not start looking for software conflicts.

(By the way, what I just described here should be done by everyone at least once a week as maintenance intended to maintain a high system performance index)

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.