Conflict: Avira Antivir Premium & Outpost Firewall Pro V. 7.1 Features

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rebelscum0000, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebelscum0000

rebelscum0000 Registered Member

Dear all

After an installation problem with AV Avira and Firewall Outpost it seems there is a conflict

I have 2 scenarios

Disable the OPFWP additional components

http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=128012&6aa4b212

OR the Avira features

http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26235

I guess that OPFWP Web Control acts very similar like Avira's WebGuard
    And OPFWP Anti-spyware protection also works very similar like Avira Antivir Proactiv. My question is How to configure boths products to have a good balance? maybe OPFWP Web Control is better than Avira or maybe the Avira Premium spyware protection is better than OPFWP Anti-spyware protection. How will you configure both products?

Thank you very much for any advice, help, information or idea
    Also thank you for read this post

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

When you install Outpost with Avira installed, you get a selection box that states Avira has been detected and to select the product you have installed to configure it to work pro actively with outpost, you should tick the box to the product it applies to to work seemlessly with Avira and outpost, and to prevent conflicts. Uninstall Outpost and reinstall it, and you should get this option. I have found that if you install outpost before the avira installation, you do not see this conflict box, only after installing after installing avira will you get this warning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.