Configuring ghost wall

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by Comp01, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Alright, I'm in the market for a basic inbound firewall thats very light (thats also NOT the windows firewall), Ghost Wall seems to be that firewall, however, I am wondering if needs any further configuring out of the box to be secure (besides the port 0 rule which I already added)? I currently am running on DSL through a DSL modem with slight firewall functions and a NAT router, so should that coupled with ghost wall provide good inbound protection?

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Sounds like a nice simple solution. One thing i do which i think helps with security is remove unneeded rules. If i remember correctly theres 2 or 3 lan and dhcp rules by default, for me i only need 1 of each so i delete the others. Another cool thing about ghostwall is once you've configured it you can disable the gui from running at boot up. Ghostwall still protects you and it can help to stop anyone tampering with your config.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.