Configuring for updates

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by papajoe41, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papajoe41

papajoe41 Registered Member

I have NOD32, and I really love it. The only problem with it is that it insists on updating when I am in the process of starting up the PC. When it does this, it also insists that I enter my user ID and password in a box that pops up. As it does this before I have opened up the DSL and homepage, it is a bit of a pain.

Before I purchased the program, I used the trial version for a month, and it updated automatically sometime later in the day, which was no problem.

Here is how I now have it setup:

Ctrl Centre>System Tools>from drop down menu select Scheduler/Planner>in scheduled tasks, I selected the first box to update every hour.

Is there another way to configure this so that it updates sometime later in the day without me being asked to enter the user id and pw?

Thanks.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Go to the tray icon, update, setup screen and carefully enter your passwords.
    You can copy and paste making sure you have no spaces before or after your user name and password entry.
    You should not have to enter a password continually.

I am using dsl also and get errors updating on starting my pc first thing. I have dhcp and my connection has to stabilize before I can update.
    I simply hit update now after I am online.

3. CyberMew

CyberMew Registered Member

Try copy and paste your usernames/passwords into the Setup configuration area. It will not save what you have type into the popup box. It happens to me once so I know.

4. papajoe41

papajoe41 Registered Member

Thank you very much, I really appreciate the helpful suggestions. I'll give your recommendations a try.

:) :)

5. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.