Configure Skype's ports in Privatefirewall (PFW)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by soewhaty, Jul 10, 2017.

1. soewhaty

soewhaty Registered Member

Hi, guys! Sorry if this has been asked already, but I dug quite a lot in all forums here on Winders as well as in Google but couldn't find an answer. So PFW is blocking my Skype (I use the portable sPortable version for Skype). After allowing all things skype in PFW I still cannot get PFW to stop blocking Spype. Ofc, as soon as I allow all traffic in PFW the issue is gone, but as soon as I set it to Filter (where I should be) skype fails to connect. So I found this from Skype - https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA148/which-ports-need-to-be-open-to-use-skype-for-windows-desktop but the problem is that I cannot seem to be able to open those ports for Skype in PFW. The attachment shows how far I've reached but I'm stuck there and don't know how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Attached Files:

2. soewhaty

soewhaty Registered Member

Alright, after following this - https://techcommunity.microsoft.com...ents-for-Skype-for-Business-Online/ba-p/77094 - I allowed the ports UDP 3478, 3479, 3480, 3481 (i.e. the last 4 in the attachment). The TCP 443 was there in the first place. I didn't add the optional Optional: UDP/TCP 50,000-59,999 cos I could not figure out how to add a range. As can be seen from the attachment, I added UDP 3478, 3479, 3480, 3481 one by one, as this is the only way I could do it. Doing this for UDP/TCP 50,000-59,999 might take some time lol :) gotta be a way to add a whole range, but atm I don't see how. Anyway, for now Skype appears to be connecting well, while PFW is set to Filter, which is good. Will report if anything changes.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  3. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

From page 20 of the PFW user guide:

4. CHEFKOCH

CHEFKOCH Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.