CONFIGURE FIREWALL OR KAV???

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by niteghost, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niteghost

niteghost Registered Member

Hi,

I am at a lost itrying to use Kapersky AV with any of the Firewall >> Sygatae Pro V5.6 2808, Mcafee Personal Firewall Plus V6.004, Outpost , Zone Alarm, Tiny , Kerio, Black Ice, Armor2Net,....... ( Windows XP, SP2 )

All the Firewalls shows result of "Stealth" , with the Independent testing Facilicity like : Grc.com, sygate Security Testing, Hackerwatch , PCflank ...

But one place AuditMYPC .com with the FirewallTest2 , that scans Network starting from Ports 2 - 65,535 , Ports 1125, 1100 are always "OPEN" when using Kapersky AV.
    The moment I Disable Kapersky, my Firewall achieves a perfect "Stealth".

I really don't know how to configure the Firewalls mention to accomodate using Kapersky AV to work with any of the firewalls to achieve a perfect "Stealth " o_O
    I am kind of "Sold " on Kapersky AV.
    Please help.......

:( :( :(

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

KAV asks for server rights through Ports 1110 and 1025, that is why they remain unstealthed. I'm using Zone Alarm Pro and had the same problem, when I queried this with Kaspersky they said KAV needed these rights for FTP on updates. However I have got over the problem by configuring ZAP to deny server rights to KAV ( and any other progs). I am now fully stealthed and have not noticed any ill effects on KAV during the last few weeks I have been doing this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.