Configuration question about the firewall

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Esmiz, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esmiz

Esmiz Registered Member

Hello and first of all sorry for my poor English. I wanted to ask a question about the firewall settings for a particular case:

I have a Database based program running on the server. This program serves information to the client PCs, that receive it and show it on screen using a client program. But if I install and run the ESET Smart Security and leave it with the "normal" configuration, this program can't work, I can't see information in the clients from the server.

To fix this, I defined a rule in the firewall options, that allow the program in the server ("Servidor de aplicaciones de Velazquez Visual"). But I still have problems of connection and in occassions the information don't arrives to their destiny. ¿Do I have to allow the "Servidor de aplicaciones" in the client PCs? Or I need to allow the client program that receives the information? ¿What is the proper configuration of firewall to allow a client-server structure of this type? I try to define a zone too, but I think i´m doing it bad. All the PCs are in the 192.x.x.x range.

Cheers and thanks for the attention

2. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hello and welcome to forums,

By "normal" I assume you refer to default configuration. You may need to define additional rules to allow that communication. Try by turning the personal firewall to 'Interactive mode' try to connect again and create those rules are necessary for your work.

The following ESET KB article may help you.

If that doesn't help you, you can create a log of all blocked communication by following these steps. This will shed some light on what needs to be done next.

Hope it helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.