Configuration issue with DMON

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Devlin7, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devlin7

Devlin7 Registered Member

Hi Again,

I deployed NOD32 to about 40 computers yesterday and today I had my first configuration glitch. We have a huge amount of clipart available on the network for students to use. It appears that if a user clicks insert picture from file from any microsoft program windows XP HANGS. [The only option is to power the unit off and on again].

I have tested this on my machine and it certainly hangs. With DMON disabled the program performs as it should. If I enable DMON and set DMON to scan only the extension listed in the selected list the problem does not occur. Is it safe to just scan the extensions listed?

Is anybody able to suggest what should be configured for each of the modules? [All extensions or just the suggested extensions]

AMON
    DMON
    EMON
    IMON

2. Devlin7

Devlin7 Registered Member

OK I confess it wasn't DMON. If I set AMON to just scan the extension list other than all extensions the problem goes away.

I would still like to know whether everyone scan all extensions or just some for each of the modules.

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Personally I use the same maxed out settings as in Blackspears config guide for everything - all files and all extensions. Normally there's no reason to use less but I'm glad that the default is at a safe level.

If you're running on a network with all PC's and the server Nod32 protected then you may like to disable scanning of netwok media in AMON since the files will already have been checked on the remote machine. See if that resolves your issue. :)

HTH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.