Configuration Editor Settings Not Applying to Client Configuration

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by hillrb, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hillrb

hillrb Registered Member

Hello,

I have found at least 3 settings that I can set in the Configuration Editor (v2.0.56) that will not save to the ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition (v3.0.650.0) client by way of "New Task" --> "Configuration Task".

They are:
    1. Show Splash-Screen at Startup: (I specify NO, but it does not change on client)
    2. Show Desktop Notifications for (sec.): (I specify 3 [the smallest integer allowed] and it does not change on client)
    3. Desktop Notification Transparency (%): (I specify 50, but it does not change)

Can someone else confirm this?

I have tried repeatedly to send the configuration to the client by way of "New Task" --> "Configuration Task", but it will not change the settings on the client.

Kind Regards,
    Brett

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

These are per-user settings. They are applied only if a user has not modified them yet. Once they are written to the registry you cannot modify them via ERA. However, we plan to implement a feature that would allow deletion of these entries from the registry remotely.

3. hillrb

hillrb Registered Member

Hi, thanks for replying Marcos.

Don't get me wrong, but in the grand scheme of things (for any product with a Centrally Managed Console), shouldn't it be able to overwrite any setting by default?

Which settings are considered "per-user"?

Where in the registry do I delete the "per-user" settings from so I can apply the correct settings?

Kind Regards,
    Brett

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

And how would you decide which user's settings would be overwritten? The only way to accomplish that is to rewrite the settings of all users. As I said, this is something that should be supported in future versions.

You can find them here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eset\ESET Security

5. hillrb

hillrb Registered Member

Exactly! In my environment, that is not a problem.

I guess it's not a really pressing matter since it only affects the ADMINS' workstations. Everyone has password protected configs. It was just confusing as to why when I applied the settings, it was not taking effect on my workstation. I do look forward to this feature though.

Thanks for the location! As soon as I deleted the per-user settings, the global ones I wanted went into effect.

Kind Regards,
    Brett

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.