Config push without new install package

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sasiki, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sasiki

sasiki Registered Member

The threads I've skimmed over in the forums state to push a new config file to the client, create a new install package. Is there any way to just push the config file through? I have tried to create a new task to do so. It says the task is complete, but the client still has the old config file. What am I doing wrong?

2. Megachip

Megachip Registered Member

Hello,

look in details if all clients are done.

Where did u check the config, over RAC?
    Did the RAS already fetch the current config (value in brackets)?

Regards

3. sasiki

sasiki Registered Member

EDIT:::::: I think I figured out my mistake. I did not have the udpated config file in the 'mirror' directory. Will continue posting if I have any more troubles.

I'm only testing with 1 client right now until I can get the config push situation figured out. I am checking the client status via RAC and also requested client configuration. When I click View on the Client Properties, Configuration window, it shows the exact config that the client currently has. The current has 2 update profiles, 'my profile' and 'out of office'. I'm trying to push a config to the client that just has 'out of office' profile. I set up a task to push the config, wait for the client to reconnect to the RAS (5 minute interval), the task says it completed, but the client has the original config. I think it sounds like I am doing everything right. I may be missing a small step. *shrug*

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    You don't need the new config in the "mirror" directory..it can be anywhere..by default it's a couple of levels in the Eset folder in program files. You can have the XML file anywhere though..you just need to select it in the explorer window just prior to pushing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.