Conficker .AB/AA worm

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ToukonII, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToukonII

ToukonII Registered Member

anyone encounter this virus Win32/Conficker.AB worm. please help! ill try removal tools from another forum but dosn't work,

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

EAV/ESS v3 and v4 have a cleaning routine included which will prompt you to restart the computer if Conficker is found in memory. After the restart, it will be removed completely. Remember that it's necessary to install the appropriate hotfix from MS to prevent further exploitation of the bug in Windows.

3. ToukonII

ToukonII Registered Member

yes nod32 v3 deleted this but still in to the network.

4. jayps

jayps Registered Member

same here. quite brutal to get rid of as it doesnt immunize the PC.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Why do you expect ESET to immunize a Microsoft product ?

It is Microsoft mistake , which has been fixed . Microsoft has done its job . ESET , too . It is your own fault you haven't updated your OS.

6. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Although true, It's not exactly the best reply.

You were going to try a removal tool, did that work?

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Not the best reply , but the true one .

8. goodzman

goodzman Registered Member

The MSRT has been updated for Conficker.

9. Conder

Conder Registered Member

We run NOD32 2.7 can this find an infected machine and clean it?

10. Penhaligon

Penhaligon Registered Member

Funny. I could've sworn that was exactly what NOD32 claims to do, and what I paid my hard-earned dough to ESET for in the first place. :rolleyes:

11. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Anti virus products don't IMMUNISE systems in the way some anti malware products do.

Do you know where you read this claim?

12. Penhaligon

Penhaligon Registered Member

On the front page of ESET's website itself?

"ESET delivers the fastest, most effective and most proactive antivirus software with spyware and malware protection to eliminate viruses, adware, worms, trojans and rootkits before they attack your system. Nobody does proactive protection better than ESET!"

The previous individual expressed an opinion that tried to divert the issue along the lines of "it's Microsoft's problem" when this thread is obviously about a virus problem.

13. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Nothling like this. Actually , I was trying to say that it is no longer ESET or Microsoft problem. It is your own problem to make sure you are updated. I was ESET problem until they released definition and cure . It was Microsoft problem untill they delivered hotfix+ update to MSRT . It is now your own problem.

And again , ESET can find infected files . ESET can clean your computer once infected . But NOD32 itself can't immunize your system . You must run firewall , you must have updated Windows , strong passwords , etc...

14. rothko

rothko Registered Member

I'm lucky enough not to have seen this anywhere near my PCs, but can anyone tell me if the new variants of Conficker are detected heuristically?

15. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Yes as with every other threat. But they will write ones that are not detected for that specific reason, and they will be added too.. and new ones will be written... etc

16. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

Well it does with regards to viruses that tries to get into the system in normal ways like you downloading something in your browser but when Microsoft leaves a backdoor open it's a bit too much to expect that any antivirus product will be able to monitor things comming in through the backdoor and kill it before it enters the system.

17. er_rizwan

er_rizwan Registered Member

Is there any tool for the conficker.

18. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.