concern with spyware blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by gfike, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gfike

gfike Registered Member

Hello

I just recently installed spyware blaster on a test computer. before I did, I verified it had no spyware or tracking cookies. After the install, I updated and enabled all protections. I went out to various websites to test the effectiveness of the software. I then ran spybot. it found tracking cookies that should have been blocked and software from gator and the like were installed (i clicked on the active x pop up installers).

My concern is that by my testing, it does not seem to be blocking things. Am I doing something wrong? I work for a college doing tech support and we are looking for a program to block spyware because it gets quite tiresome to remove it from computers on a regular basis.

Any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

If you can provide the links to the sites you browsed (that showed the ActiveX-based installers) I can check if they are new variants or not (and then add them to the database, of course). :)

Thanks,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.