Computer shuts down when I remove USB device!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by BlackScarletLove, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackScarletLove

BlackScarletLove Registered Member

When I remove my memory cards from the USB device, the computer shuts down in an orderly manner, as if I'd selected Shut Down from the start menu! It does not happen every time, but it is a ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ when I'm working on something to have the computer shut itself down just because I removed a device. Also, it doesn't happen every single time.

I've looked around for answers on this and haven't gotten anything other than a mention to update my usb drivers, but i cant seem to find an individual usb driver package at all.

What can I do about this? It's too much.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
  2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Try Driver Easy from www.drivereasy.com - it's free and might be able to find a driver update for you.

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

If you use a different usb port does it still happen?

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

which Operating system do you have and which service pack?

is it an external usb card reader? if so does it happern if you safe remove the card reader itself from the right hand tray before taking out the card?

usb card readers can be brought for as little as £5 so may be worth getting a new reader and see if it happerns with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.