Computer Security Tool - program and security articles

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Notok, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I did beta testing for this hardening tool, and really like it. One of the advantages is that it takes care of some of the basic stuff that others do not, like group policy settings. It also has the advantage of being able to create profiles, burn the program files to CD, and easily configure multiple systems. Since Qwik-Fix is the only commercial tool available mentioned, I thought I would bring this one up.

The site is definitely worth checking out, even if you aren't interested in the program. It has explanations of what each settings do, as well as general articles on security. Tons of info! They're also looking for user submissions to add. (see the "Security Resources" on the lower left hand side)

http://www.computersecuritytool.com/

Last edited: Jul 19, 2005
  2. disabled

disabled Registered Member

Notok, I myself have also been a Beta Tester for the CST and fully agree that it is an amazing tool, easy to use and confident about hardening the Security on your Computer as well as Vulnerabilities You'll be amazed when first scanning with this tool how vulnerable your computer is on the Internet and once you've FIXED it WHAT A DIFFERENCE...This is definitely A TOOL To recommend

3. Beefcarver

Beefcarver Registered Member

You should mention that it only works in NT. not for windows 98 users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.