Computer reboots when trying access network share

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cmalberto, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmalberto

cmalberto Registered Member

I am booting from my version 8.0 Boot CD via USB CD-ROM drive. Previous versions(6,7) of Acronis worked fine. I am trying to build an image to a network share drive. Once I start the CREATE process, I enter my network share manually. Seems to pause a while and then gives a reboot to the device. This continues to happen each successive time I try. What to do. Looks like I have build 786 on this boot CD.

Please advise...
    Mickey

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mickey,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

First of all, please create Acronis Bootable CD with the latest (791) build of Acronis True Image and try using this disk. Also please clarify what computer reboots: to which you want store the image or the local computer you boot from Acronis Bootable CD.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. cmalberto

cmalberto Registered Member

The local computer reboots that has the USB CD-ROM attached that will be restored.

The workaround that I have found that works(old build - haven't tried the latest...yet), is to purposely ms-type the full UNC name as follows:

abna01\tcabc$\abc.tid

After pressing enter, I can then go back and add the \\(SLASH, SLASH) to beginning of the UNC filename. That prevents the reboot...

However, if I start by typing \\abna01\...then WHAMO... :'(

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cmalberto,

Please try using the ltest build and if the problem remains please tell whether you are able to choose the desired computer in the computer tree by clicking on it and then choose the necessary shared folder.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.