Computer Locked

Discussion in 'hardware' started by LoneWolf, Jun 10, 2016.

1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Samsung Laptop, fairly new, Windows 10 / 64bit,SSD.Last night I got this message, no problems prior to this. Did what the screen said, still locked. Anyone have any idea why this happened? More importantly how to fixo_O

Attached Files:

2. hawki

hawki Registered Member

The only other device I have heard of this happening on recently is is with HTC Android Phones. There, the reason was usually low battery power (weird). Have you tried to boot with your laptop on A/C power? Perhaps your battery has gone bad.

Are you able to boot into "safe" mode. This was a rare isssue with Win 7, and one solution was to boot fully into "safe" mode and restart.

I feel your pain :-(

3. kaljukass

kaljukass Registered Member

Is the charger still works? Is it OK?
    Suggestion - remove the battery charger and battary itsef, wait for some minutes and try then again.
    NB! Without battery (if only charger is connected) is not recommended, it may harm system.

4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Thank you for the suggestions, apparently my pin number became corrupt, signing in with my Microsoft password got me in and changed pin and all is well again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.