Computer Hangs After Reboot

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Whisperer0, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whisperer0

Whisperer0 Registered Member

Dear All,

I am installing the Eset Smart Security ver 4.0.467.0 in some computers in our company.
    At first everything was ok. I made many rules for incoming and outgoing programs, packets, etc.

One month ago I restarted my computer (I use it as a web server as well). After putting my username and password in order to log in the Domain, the computer stopped processing anything. There were no icons showing on the desktop no matter how long I wait. Then I tried to log in as the Administrator of the computer locally and also as Administrator in the Domain. I logged in without a problem. Everything worked ok. But not as the user I use.
    So I formatted the pc, set everything up from scratch, and I left the installation of the ESET for last.
    Today I tried to install it, once more using the Eset Remote Administration Console. I should mention that I was logged in the target pc, with my username (which has administrative permissions) and not with the Administrators account.
    The Eset was installed. After that I rebooted and the same problem occurred. No desktop icons and enable to bring the Task Manager using the Alt+Ctrl+Del.
    The installation pack I made contains some rules in the Firewall section. Is there a way to delete these settings by deleting some key in Registry or a file from somewhere, of the computer that the installation took place?
    Please Advice.
    Best Regards to All and may you all have a Great Year.
    Harry.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

as an fyi there is an updated version .474 but from what you are saying it sounds more like user permissions (as it works under admin account)

3. Whisperer0

Whisperer0 Registered Member

That's the thing. I also boot with the Administrators account, change the user account to administrator and then... the same problem happens.
    I downloaded the version 4.2.22...

4. RyanH

RyanH Eset Staff Account

We would need to see more information about your system and what software you have installed on there.

1. Download SysInspector here:

http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php

2. Click the ‘Download’ button to the right of your desired version. When prompted to Run or Save, click ‘Save’ and save the file to your Desktop.

3. Double-click the SysInspector icon on your Desktop and click ‘Run’.

4. Scroll through the End User License Agreement and click 'I Agree'. Once the analysis is finished, the SysInspector main program window will be displayed.

5. In the top right corner click 'File' -> 'Save Log'. Click ‘Yes’ to confirm and then save the log file to your computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.