Computer freeze after install Eset

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by dwayne_johnson, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwayne_johnson

dwayne_johnson Registered Member

after install Eset smart security 5 and restart my computer it completely freeze why ?
    is this because bad sector or what ?
    i run windows xp sp2 and i don't have any other anti virus program
    by the way when i enter the safe mode and open the program its make a scan and i see a lot of error
    Thank You .
    *notice the program icon look like Exclamation mark ! (green) after install Eset but
    after restart the computer it turned to an eye then computer start paralysis :D

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

There are a few reasons this can occur. I would suggest getting the system fully-patched to SP3 plus all currently available patches, making sure all the third-party device drivers for things like sound, video and network cards are up-to-date and verifying any previously-installed anti-malware software has been removed.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. dwayne_johnson

Done!
    but i have 2 questions the program icon in taskbar should be like this ! or an eye ? cuz i have it with ( ! ) green
    second question after work for hours in my computer and look at task manager i see high usage but after restart computer it work normal !!

4. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

If you open your ESET program window and click 'Home', is it showing any warnings or messages? A green icon with an exclamation point (!) usually indicates Windows system updates need to be installed. Here is an ESET KB Article that gives more information on each icon status and what it means:

Why does the protection status icon change color and what does each color mean?

Based on your original post and your second question, I might suggest maually uninstalling ESET and reinstalling it. There may have been some data corruption in the installation that caused the issue you're having with ESET using a lot of system resources and causing freezing. There's a KB article below that shows the steps for doing this:

How do I manually uninstall my Windows ESET security product?

5. dwayne_johnson

ok but ..
    what is the difference between manual and normal uninstall ?.

6. dwayne_johnson

7. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Normal uninstall is simply going through your start menu to All Programs > ESET > ESET Smart Security and clicking uninstall. The manual uninstall is run using a tool in safe mode to extract all ESET files and registry keys from the system.

I recommended the manual uninstall because, based on my past experience troubleshooting issues like this, running a normal uninstall and reinstall is less successful in resolving the issue than running a full manual uninstall and reinstall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.