Computer crashes on startup

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by ammar93, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammar93

ammar93 Registered Member

hello!
    err ok then how do i start..uh

problem: My system crashes after it starts up in about a minute. Im almost positive this has something to do with returnil because i tried terminating the returnil process in the task manager when the computer starts up and this prevents it from crashing. however this way i cant use returnil:( and i dont feel safe with just antivirus and a firewall anymore since i started using it!

cause?: err well im not quite too sure because i get no error messages the system just crashes. however the only thing i remember is that yesterday a popup came up in my taskbar and said something similar to ' 30 mb/ 2004 mb virtual memory remaining'. Im not too sure about the wording on that and im also not sure if this could be the problem because it has happened once or twice before. however in the few months ive noticed that my system crashes every once in a while and then it stops working correctly so I would just use system restore to set it to an earlier date and that would temporarily solve the problem!. im unable to do that this time though. So would unistalling then reinstalling fix this problem or should i use the 'return to factory default' setting that came with an application on my laptop to start from scratch? also might this be a virus? my laptop is the acer aspire 5600 and Ill provide the complete specs if necessary. oh and ive been using returnil for about 2 years and i think and this kind of problem started occuring around january. also i believe i havent upgraded to the version final version of returnil 2 that came out in march ! Well ill stop now i think i wrote too much thank you for your time:D
    ammar

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

check for errors in event viewer logs they might offer a clue what the issue is

3. ammar93

hi. I checked how to do that then did it! there are a few errors in the sytem catagory for today. i dont really know if this has any relation to the problem so a little help please! Ill just paste them from earliest to most recent:
    1.service control manager
    The eLock2BurnerLockDriver service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified.

2.service control manager
    The eLock2FSCTLDriver service failed to start due to the following error:

3.service control manager
    The Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) service failed to start due to the following error:

4.Dhcp
    The IP address lease 192.168.1.33 for the Network Card with network address 0013021D6D25 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

5.win32time
    Time Provider NtpClient: An error occurred during DNS lookup of the manually configured peer 'time.windows.com,0x1'. NtpClient will try the DNS lookup again in 15 minutes. The error was: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. (0x80072751)
    6.win32time
    The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

7.the same as 1.
    8.the same as 2.
    9.the same as 3.
    10. the same as 4.
    11.the same as 5
    12.the same as 6

thats all of them. i think all of them repeated because i restarted my computer. but it did crash many times so shouldnt they have occured more than that? also these errors have been occuring everyday that the event viewer lists!. oh and this is just the system catagory for the application catagory theres just this one:

Windows saved user AMMAR\ammar! registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.
    This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

thank you for replying!
    ammar

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello ammar93 and wlecome to the forums :)

Exiting the GUI will not effect the System Protection or the Virtual Partition (if used). The GUI itself is just a simple 32 bit program that interfaces with the virtualization drivers.

You can restart the GUI at any time by clicking Start > All Programs > Returnil > Returnil Virtual System...

To better understand what might be happening here I need you to generate some additional reports. Please include the following and send them to us using the technical support page on our website to open a ticket:

http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/support/tech

1. MSINFO32 report

* Go to the Start button
    * Select Run...
    * Type msinfo32 and click OK
    * While viewing the System Summary screen click File then Save AS...
    Save your MSINFO32 report on your desktop for easy access (you may delete the file once you have attached it to the support ticket and the submission was sent properly)

2. RVS system report

To generate this report, download a new copy of RVS and then open the Setup file. On the first screen of the installation wizard, click the "Report" button and then save the report to your desktop. (you may delete the file once you have attached the report to the support ticket and the submission was sent properly)

3. Complete description of what happened and when it happened.

Attach the reports to the support ticket and then submit.

Thanks
    Mike

5. ammar93

hello and thanks for the quick reply!
    i already generated both reports but i have question....on the support page I cant find an 'attach file' option. Am i supposed to upload the files to a file sharing website and send the link or did i miss something obvious...again.
    thanks
    ammar

6. Coldmoon

Hi,
    No, you did not miss anything as it was my fault for not remembering that the page did not include support for uploading files. Send an e-mail instead to support-tech (at) returnil (dot) com with the files attached. Make the subject the same as the forum thread title.

Apologies for any confusion...

Mike

7. Coldmoon

Hi ammar93,
    We have your report and have sent it to development for review.

Thanks
    Mike

8. ammar93

hello:D
    i really appreciate your help and will reinstall returnil when i wake up in the morning and tell you if that helps.
    goodnight

ammar

um good morning!
    I just came across another problem. when i try to uninstall returnil as was said in the support email i get a message saying that system protection is on and must be turned off to continue with the installation. however I've never set the system protection function to on I've always used the session lock feature. This means i can't make any changes like setting my computer to factory default and such. Also when i open the returnil gui while my computer is on it crashes! Oh and one of my other applications failed to start too this morning is there a relation perhaps or is it just a coincidence? It was the 'acer empowering technology' software thing! thanks
    ammar

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  9. ammar93

hi again!

Well my exams ended today so i sat down and looked through the forums and luckily i found this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=237109
    Since I also have an acer aspire notebook that comes with erecovery that solution worked for me too:D. I just have one quick question. After installing returnil now I converted my system to ntfs..and it crashed once while shutting down. Was that maybe just a coincidence or not because I also switched to NTFS a few months a go and the problem did start a few days after. Either way if it happens again I can still use the erecovery function and fix it but then I won't convert to NTFS. Thanks for the help!
    ammar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.