Computer Crashes Before Image Completed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tizzylou, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tizzylou

Tizzylou Registered Member

:'( :mad: I am trying to image my system drive (C) to Secure Zone. When the image is about 60% complete the computer shuts down. I have tried shutting down any other operations that might interfere (ghost, NortonAV, NVProtect, XP firewall) but nothing seems to work. I checked for disk errors but none were found.

I burned an image of C to CD-RW and got a message that the burn was successful. Why can't I copy C's image to my hard drive? Other drives were copied successfully. What am I doing wrong?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tizzylou,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, we recommend you to update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 826 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. If the problem remains please do the following:

- Start Acronis True Image and create a new task using Schedule Task wizard, but do not schedule it (on the Start Parameters page choose "Do not start automatically"). Set the name of the new task to "Test Task";
    - Download the following file from our site:

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/TrueImage8.0_dbg_s_en.zip

- Unpack this archive into the \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder;
    - Open the \Documents and Settings\[User]\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\ folder and find the script file with the following parameter inside: display name="Test Task". Please note that this folder is hidden, so you may need to enable "Show hidden files and folders" option in Tools\Folder Options\View menu;
    - Copy this script file to the \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder and rename the copy for simplicity (for example, name it 'test.tis');
    - Start Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Type the following commands in the shell window:

cd \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage
    ti_demon /script: test.tis > ti.log 2>&1 ('test.tis' is the name of the copied script file)

- Create Acronis Report (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions) and send report and ti.log (from the \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder) to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Irina Shirokova.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Just a few questions:

Is your Windows XP up to date?

Have you run a virus check and is your virus database up to date?

Are you using the latest build of True Image?

Has this ever worked in the past or are you trying this for the first time?

Have you tried to run the same backup from the bootable CD ie without Windows XP running? If so did it fail in the same way?

What does the TI log say about the task that fails?

4. Tizzylou

Thanks for the response to my question.
    1. XP is up to date
    2. Virus DB up to date
    3. Latest build installed
    4. Trying this for first time
    5. Haven't tried same backup from Boot CD - I'll try that.
    6. Where do I find the TI log?

Latest glitch is I changed the compression mode to "normal" and tried imaging to Secure Zone. Got all the way to the end of the image and I said Yeah! But when I tried to check the image, the image check wouldn't openo_O

I sent a Snap image report to Acronis but haven't had a response yet. Thanks for your suggestion. :D

5. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Look under 'Tools' and click on 'Show Log'. It will show (in the leftmost pane) a list of all the operations you have done ordered by date. If you select a specific date then it shows (in the rightmost pane) what happened during that specific operation. It may give you some idea as to what went wrong.

Good luck!

6. Tizzylou

Acronis came through for me on creating the image to the Secure Zone! I finally managed to image my C and E drives to the Secure Zone. I uninstalled True Image, deleted the Secure Zone and then reinstalled Build 826. First, I tried to image both C and E drives, but the computer crashed before completing the image of C and had to be restarted. Then, I imaged E drive first and it worked. After that worked, I imaged C drive and IT WORKED!

Then I tried to put the images on removable disks (CD-R) and it did not work. Again, the computer crashed before the image of the C (system drive) was transferred to disk. Should I use CD-RW disks instead of CD-R? Should I set the image compression to normal instead of high?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tizzylou,

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter to Acronis Support Team?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.