Completely close on-access scans & service

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Haruspex, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haruspex

Haruspex Registered Member

Hi, i am using NOD32 2.70.16 and i running win xp pro sp2.I was wondering if there is a way to configure NOD32 so it won't start any of the on-access scans aswell any of the background processes and using it only for manually in-depth analysis scans.

I try first to quit all the 4 on-access scans and then i remove the nod32 kui from msconfig but when i try to stop the NOD32 Kernel service i can't because it was protected.The only solution was to set it to disabled and restart the pc.The problem is that if try to update nod32 and do a full scan of course i must restart the NOD32 kernel service but as i said i cant close it unless i do a restart because it's protected by NOD32.

So, to my question is there any options that i must adjust in order to fully disabled all the background stuff and use only on-demand scans?

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Did you perform an Expert install of the program and not install any of the monitoring scanners (i.e., AMON, DMON, EMON and IMON)? The NOD32 Kernel Service will always be installed because it is the service responsible for downloading signature updates.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.