complete loading methods via regsitry??

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by adiel, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adiel

adiel Registered Member

Hi..can anybody tell me the complete loading methods of malicious programs with windows using registry??
    i know most of them..like run/run services,opening with exe files..but i have heard that sub seven and some other trojans use some very unknown methods..can anyone help??

2. root

root Registered Member

Hi. I'm certainly not an expert in this area, but if I'm not mistaken, there are many, many ways malware uses the registry and even autoexec.bat, sys.ini, and other system files.
    That is why we need security software, because a lot of work going into trying to find the registy and system file entries.
    You are right in naming some of the most common, but if you are looking for a manual way of detecting any and all viruses, trojans, keyloggers, dialers, etc, it sure would seem to be a daunting task to me.
    If I could suggest a small, free program called system safety monitor. It monitors the execution of any and all files, can watch registry changes, and really is an addition to ones safety arsenal. You can find it here.
    http://maxcomputing.narod.ru/ssme.html?lang=en
    It's really a slow site, but its a small program.
    Max, the developer, is a great guy and will help with any questions/problems you might have.

3. adiel

adiel Registered Member

thanks..i am on my way there :-*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.