Compiled VB app locking-up NOD 4.x

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by StevePA, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevePA

StevePA Registered Member

Greetings,
    Many of our developers are having to disable AV as a few of our compiled VB applications are locking-up their PC's while NOD is trying to scan them.

I can provide a zipped example exe and have tried scanning the file, at which point the scan locks-up the PC. Mouse pointer works and display a busy pointer, but nothing- start menu, ctrl-alt-del, etc. will function. If I open a Task Manager before trying to scan the file, it will show ekrn is pegging the cpu and cannot be killed to return the system.

These files are not viruses- they are simply a 10-13MB compiled VB applications.

Is there someone I can PM or send an example?

Thanks!

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Since the file is reasonably large, upload it somewhere and send only a link to it to samples[at]eset.com per the instructions in the aforementioned KB article.

4. StevePA

Thank you for the suggestions! As it's a VB application, the 13MB executable zips down to 3MB. I've emailed this zipped file to the email given and will hope for some info/help with this.

Have a great day!

5. StevePA

Does the submit email return with a reply to verify the file was received?

I ask only to ensure the 3MB file was received without issue for inspection but so far, it seems like it's a blind send with no confirmation/auto-reply?

Thanks in advance!

6. StevePA

Ok, so my company has to run with Antivirus completely disabled for over two months now. Is there any update to this major problem?

NOD32 is useless to us if we have to disable it's protection because it locks-up PC's every time a VB compiled application is copied or updated. As we are a software developer of such applications, this makes NOD32 useless to us and it does not look particularly good for customer service given that we have been waiting patiently for two months after submission to receive zero response or support for this issue.

When can we expect to hear some sort of response? I'm afraid that if we hear nothing soon I will have no choice but to attempt to refund our corporate license/seats and change to a competing product. No other tested product has this problem. We have submitted the file for inspection and happy to provide more examples if need be.

Thank you!

7. chrisf8657

chrisf8657 Registered Member

Have you tried running a breakpoint build with NOD32 running in the background?

Perhaps one of the functions being called or the code is throwing it into a loop of some kind...

I do agree, however, Eset is terrible at responding...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.