Compatibility & conflict

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by flongoni, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flongoni

flongoni Registered Member

Hello to everybody!
    I have very general type of questions (may be stupid ones):
    1) do SpywareBlaster 3.1 conflict with firewall products like ZoneAlarm? can they both be installed on the same Windows XP without disturbin each other and creating serious problems?
    2) other products like Spybot recommend use of SpywareBlaster to better control ActiveX, but the do not say anything about compatibility. Again, do they conflict somehow?
    3) what about loading SpywareBlaster on a system who already hosts Spyhunter?
    Is anybody capable of giving me an answer?
    Why the website of SpywareBlaster has no e-mail address to ask stupid questions like mine?
    Regards
    Ferdinando
    Roma (Italy)

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

Hello :D

answer to:

1)Spyware blaster shouldnt conflict with any firewalls, i currently use Kerio Firewall, and its fine

2) spybot and adaware and spyware blaster all work superb together :D

3) spyhunter i believe only cleans, it doesnt perminatly protect like spyware blaster does, it should be ok tho (ive never tried it)

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi Ferdinando, and welcome to Wilders,

With regard to the last part of the your question, the support for SpywareBlaster (and other Javacool products, plus other things) is right here in these marvelous forums. It might take a while to get an "official" reply from Javacool who's frantically working on things (like how to get 30 working hours out of a day. ;) ). But there's a lot of experienced users here, and you'll usually get a useful reply quite quickly.

Best
    Mike

4. oonocando

oonocando Registered Member

On my computer i have SpywareBlaster 3.1, Spyguard and MRU Blaster. I also have Spy Sweeper2.6.1 and I have been wondering if the four of them are compatable. Can they work together without walking all over each other. If anyone has any insite into this, I'm all ears and will apreciate any advice on this matter. THANKS

5. argh_01

argh_01 Registered Member

having installed spybotS&D, then spywareblaster, then browsed the web for a while, i ran S&D, and it picked up the reg entries below.

can someone confirm these are genuine DSO exploits, and not the result of installing spywareblaster (in which case, i don't want to remove them!)

thanks.
    --------

DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done)
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-912392904-1959032828-25719534-1005\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

6. argh_01

btw, that appears to be the reg setting for downloading unsigned active x controls, which i have set in IE to "disable"

has something (spywareblaster?) modified that?

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Spybot's inability to fix those DSO Exploit items is merely a bug in the new version (1.3) of Spybot, and have nothing to do with SpywareBlaster.

Take a look at this thread for more on this (and click through to the Net-Integration thread, as well):

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=177946

Note that if your system is up to date with Windows Updates, this isn't an issue anyway, so you can simply ignore it until Spybot fixes this problem.

8. argh_01

i hadn't got so far as trying to "fix" it, as i didn't know if it was actually a problem, but thanks for the link. that makes things clear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.