Comparison Request: HD Mgr Suite 2011 vs B/U & Recovery 11

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by meetloaf13, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meetloaf13

meetloaf13 Registered Member

2. meetloaf13

WOW...really surprised that no one in the official forum is jumping at the chance to help out a prospective buyer.

Anybody home?

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

This type of information is available at the Paragon web site, just not in the same page.

One difference is that HDM Suite does not allow any virtualization process.

4. tag70

tag70 Registered Member

I'm looking for help deciding what to purchase too.
    What is: virtualization?
    (One difference is that HDM Suite does not allow any virtualization process.)
    Do I need it? I just want a reliable backup that I can restore to a new drive if my drive takes a dump. The drive may be bigger if I have to replace it. I want the drive to be installed in the computer when it gets restored to. When I use the word "backup," I mean an image of my original HD. Which of the programs would do this? There's too many choices and too much overlap. It's confusing.

5. meetloaf13

Well Tag,

As for imaging there are several different suites. Due to the lack of concern & assistance here, I may be going elsewhere.

If all you want is a straight image of your drive, so you don't have to reinstall programs and whatnot, CloneZilla is a fairly easy Linux LiveCD that does the job. Only problem is you'll need to have the same hardware as you did when imaged (except perhaps the HD).

Also, you probably wouldn't be able to make incremental backups and revisions to the image you copy.

I'm not sure how Paragon handles incremental images and what not.

What I need to know is what each of these software suites is geared towards. If they can't do the whole solution, I may just resort to clonezilla and a couple .bat scripts that run TeraCopy or something.

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Virtualization is making a virtual machine copy of your system and vice versa. It can also use disk images.
    Those copies can be utilized by VMware or VirtualBox.

7. buser

buser Registered Member

This must be a typo. HDM "DO" let you do virtualization stuff.

8. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

That´s true of HDM Pro. I think the original question was about HDM Suite, which is different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.