Compaq Recovery Console CD Creator ERROR

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Birdman, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Can you use the drive any other way, does it work?

I presume as your creating a recovery disk this is a new machine and under a warrenty or, you have just remembered to make disk and the machine may or may not be under a guarantee. Which ever is the case I strongly recommend you use this as an excuse to ask for free disks from Compaq stating you are unable to create your recovery disk, insist free because of that reason. I have wrote about this in the past, namely Compaq and Dell. Customers were polled and one of the main things was that people did not want to have to use disks setting up their computer. Therefor the computers come with factory partitions and an opportunity to make 1 recovery CD/DVD. Normally these machines are recovered from that partition, the trouble was, some customers who had a corrupted factory partition experienced problems with their recovery disks. - half way through the CD/DVD tray would pop out asking for the correct disk.:rolleyes:

There are some reasons for this but what has happend since?
    Have you the opportunity to make a recovery DVD, which would be better?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  3. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

The warranty of my pc has expired. It's almost 4 years old now. I tried getting a FREE Recovery Console from Compaq/HP....but those bastards wouldn't give once since it was out of warranty. I just bit the bullet and paid the $15 and had one sent out to me.

I'm trying to run CHKDSK from the Recovery Console in order to fix File System errors. For whatever reason, CHKDSK is hanging up at the "Verifying Indexes" (Stage 2) of the scan whenever I ran it with the /f or /r prompts.

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Suppose thats cheap. That disk is better than a recovery disk that may not work, although there is supposed to be NO charge (a promise documented) as you were unable to make the recovery disk, something that machine is supposed to do! Personally I'd demand my $15 back:D
    If you get something similar again I'd start in your Device Manager to check the device.
    Theres free online chat with support for help also, visit HP.

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have a compaq also, "SR series" and instead of creating the recovery disc set I had HP send me a disc set. But right in the papers that came with the comp it states that if you have trouble creating the set they will send them to you as long as your comp is still in warranty. and if out of warranty there is a charge of fifteen dollars. so if you are out of warranty $15.00 is not all that expensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.